1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ohio ballot is favors who???

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Dale, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Dale

Dale New Member

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Why start a new thread on this when you've posted twice on the one that already existed? It's not like you didn't know that there was already one.

3. Dale

Dale New Member

I'm sorry, maybe I should have kept it there but I did take it in a bit if a different direction. That post was to discuss the original and this was more to make the point that you can;t trust everything you see.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That's ok - I'm just cranky in my dotage.

Which one is the real one? The one you posted in this thread makes more sense.

5. Dale

Dale New Member

Ok here is a more detailed explanation of what I did..
    1. I opend the original (well the one that was posted originally) in Photoshop
    2. I selected the "1" from the number in front of Peroutka and copied that
    3. I pasted that in front of the number for Bush and the other candidate.

That seemed to be what it should have looked like in the first place.

Then I thoght that the democrats could have done the same thing so I did the file that i posted here that adds a 1 in frot of the 6 for Bush.
    It just takes a couple of minutes to do that so it shows that we need to be careful.
    This kind of thing just wasn't possible all that long ago. It really has only been publically avalable for less than 20 years but even then, it has only been mainstream for people to own such editiing software for a few years. I couldn't have done that in the last election.

Older peopl that did not grow up with this kind of technology tend to be more trusting of what they see and here.
    I am 24 and I produce two radio program (one can be found at www.brandedforchrist.org.radio )
    and I am able to very sophiticated editing with audio. Of corrse my use is a good one since I take out mistakes and make the speaker to say what he actually WANTED to say and not what he accidentally said. I could however just as easily change it so that he said things that he DIDN"T want to say.

So, I also try to take anything with a grain of salt. :)

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

NPR did an interesting show once where they took out all the words from some speech and left the ums and ers. The results had distinct rythyms from person to person.

Modern technology does make fraud easier for even non-technicians.

Why blame the Democrats when it is the Republicans who are claiming fraud? Why would the Dems put out something that would make themselves look bad?

7. Dale

Dale New Member

Why blame the Democrats when it is the Republicans who are claiming fraud? Why would the Dems put out something that would make themselves look bad? </font>[/QUOTE]

8. Dale

Dale New Member

oops, went to get my passowrd and forgot to write anything. It is wayyy to late.
    ANyway, I was just going to say that I though it would be just as easy for either side to doctor an image, that is all.
    At this time, it looks as if Bush has it.
    I really don't care much who wins...well, I do but I don't agree with either. THe Lord sets those that rule and he takes them down. I know He is in control so I am at peace one way or the other.