1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Okay Let's Hear Your Defense of RW on this one

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by J.D., May 13, 2008.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heaven help us to know the difference between a church and a crowd ~ Dr.David Allen

His twisting of scripture reminds me of another passage:

Luk 4:9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:
    Luk 4:10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
    Luk 4:11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

#2 Revmitchell, May 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2008
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The constant commentary and interruption of what he's saying makes me think that it's a cut and paste job.

I cannot trust that is what he is saying in context.

4. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Its RW, whether written or spoken, its RW, what more needs to be said

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

If it is a cut and paste, means it's fake.

6. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Which describes RW

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How about some evidence rather than slander, OK? Quite the Godly comment, I have to say.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Isn't there scripture verses about slanderers? Sounds familiar.
    Evidence against RW isn't evidence if it's been manufactured. What it is is a lie.

9. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Do you really need evidence for his purpose? His agenda to bring all religions together, to begin his kingdom here on earth. Do you really need evidence of that? And since he is self-proclaimed "America's Pastor", then he is to represent the cause of Christ, not the cause of religion and peace. If he were Oprah, I wouldn't say a thing about him being fake, but since he is a "pastor" I believe from the positions he has taken, he should either lose the title or quit being fake.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Evidence is always needed. Facts.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And this "truth" of his agenda would be where? In the comment that he speaks of the "faith community" having such a huge influence and ability to help the needy of the world? I don't see where that says anything about "his kingdom here on earth".

Again, truth would be good and not slanderous untruths. You've been influenced by those who have a beef against Rick Warren instead of seeking the truth.

What this particular video shows is that there are many who choose to take what he says out of context, interject their own thoughts in it and showing that as "evidence" when it just shows the foolishness of their hate. If Rick Warren is truly so evil, play the entire audio in context in full. That will be the only thing that will show the truth and I'm sure it won't show what those people are trying to do in their agenda.

12. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

I couldn't view the video, I just know RW is fake. I am sure I can find something he has provided an ample amount of information showing just that.

13. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What a sad commentary on the plight of fundamentalism in America. What benefits the cause of Christ by posting this stupid radio program? The guy is trying really hard to be Rush Limbaugh of fundamentalism. I don't get it.

btw, the link to site where the entire interview can be found is this: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/369989

It takes about 40 minutes and is well worth the listen. I actually agree with much of what Pastor Warren says in the interview...but I'm certain the bricks will fly at that statement too.

What does this benefit the cause of Christ and reaching people with the Gospel?

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

As far as I can tell, being here as long as I have. There are those who oppose 'reaching people with the gospels'. No matter what they have to do, or who they have to slander( many others other then RW are on this list).

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you couldn't see the video, then you cannot comment on it. You slander someone without even seeing it - and a fellow believer at that.

You'll have to answer for that, you know.

I'm sure that Rick Warren has been responsible for more people coming to the Lord than you have. Yet you continue to mock him without evidence.

Very sad.

16. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Answer for what? Slander? Slander, is that when you make up something about someone and then state it? Then I am not slandering.

I don't have to review any video to see something about RW to know that before I read the article he wrote, book he wrote, or see the video to know its going to be wrong.

There are wolves in sheeps clothing, then there are wolves who don't have to wear a disguise at all.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

ROTFL - "slander ... is that when you make up something about someone and then state it?" Yes. "Then I am not slandering." Yes you are. You have no proof, no evidence yet you call him a wolf.

Yes, you will have to answer to God for your slander.

18. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

ok............

19. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I like Ray Comfort but his use of sarcasm in this radio piece is just as un-becoming. And, while I wouldn't go so far as to call RW a wolf in sheep's clothing I do believe his success has gone to his head. Some reaction to the Purpose Driven Church and Purpose Driven Life especially on the fundamentalist side has been very un-Christlike.

20. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann,

It'll never happen. We both know that, for what ever reason, some have already made it up in their minds that Rick Warren is evil. There's nothing anyone can do to change their minds. Their ears are closed to the truth - they can't hear it. It's not much use wasting your time with them - they'll never listen.

I don't agree with everything that Rick Warren says (I don't agree with everything anyone says!), but he's reached more for Christ in his life than I have, so I admire him and thank him for that.

BTW, I'm sure that Rick Warren isn't worried about what folks say about him, not even those on the BB.