1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Old and New Testament Equally God-breathed ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by pinoybaptist, Feb 27, 2008.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Even more scary, is that I actually agree with Salamander here. ;)

FTR, regardless of what the church synods allegedly did, they merely confirmed the OT canon, which was set by the Jews long before, and confirmed by the Lord Jesus Christ during his ministry, even as to the three-fold division, and the order, for the synods had no authority to even determine whether it was inspired. (Lk. 10:44-48; 11:51; Jo. 10:31-39)

According to what I found, both Salamander and pinoybaptist are 'Baptists'. Did I miss something about a denominational shell?

FTR, there was no Roman Catholic church, with her unBiblical claims of apostolic sucession and supremacy, anywhere similar to the way we know it today, at the time of the early church councils, including Jerusalem, Nicea, and at least through the Council of Ephesus in 431, claims ex post facto, to the contrary, notwithstanding.

Also, the recognition of the NT Canon was a process, not an instantaneous event. Some still argue over certain books today.

Ed