1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Old School Baptist Doctrinal Debates

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by old regular, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Natural being

I almost forgot, and I must hurry, but I don't know how much more natural we could get in physical, visible churches taking in money for what should be Spiritual workings of the Lord no matter what the act may be or making a real, physical and recorded contract with the government for favoritism (tax breaks) from her. Didn't Jesus say to give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's? So why do some ask for relief from the government when they are to be doing God's work? Or why ask for money if they are doing something within the grace of God? I will never understand this. Like when "churches" say they are having fund raisers to buy things. This is man's work I believe. Just my thoughts though.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Seems to me John the Baptist lost his head in vain, if it is lawful to have someone else's wife or husband.

3. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

John the Baptist

Brother Bob, I believe John the baptist lost his head for preaching the truth. Some still do today but it is a worthy cause. Jesus did not die on the cruel cross so people could be married in the flesh. He died and is alive today so we could have eternal life with Him and have it more abundantly than what we could ever have under the Law. All of the commandments rest on the two that Jesus gave us. I'm sure you know what He said they are. With Love,

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

And I love you and pray for you. May God Bless,

BBob

5. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

I Love You Too Brother Bob!

If you only knew how much I like our correspondence! I would ask that you and your wife both pray for me and for all the little children that He has placed in my care from day to day. These children have faced the worst of life's circumstances and God loves them, thus He puts me in their way. So please, pray that it will only be His Light that He may show through me and not anything of myself that they will see. Good Evening,

6. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

"Go, and sin no more."

Hey Brother Bob, you got me to studying this morning and that's why I like talking to you so much. You are a blessing to me. I have been reading John 8:11 that I believe you quoted and was thinking...would Jesus have said this to this woman prior to her belief...I believe He was speaking to the new inner man, the Holy Spirit within her when He said this though He certainly expected her and us to live as best we can being led by the Spirit He puts in us when we are born again this is true. Anyway, then I got to thinking about Matthew 24:41. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken and the other left. I believe the woman Jesus was speaking to in John 8:11 is the same one that will be taken! Whew! What a blessing to dwell on today! I truly do love speaking with you Brother Bob. God bless you today. I have a whole bunch of work to do today and get ready for church tomorrow. Please remember me in prayer. With Love,

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I do not believe at all that God's children commit adultery. I believe they are kept by the power of God and will be presented body, soul and spirit blameless to the Father.

That which is born of God cannot sin, which is the inward man, but does that turn the outward man loose. I do not think so.

26: For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken and the other left
    I have always believed the one left is the saved, if you read the scripture closely, it says as in the days of Noah, when the flood came and took them unawares.
    Those in their sins will be taken by the "reaper" unawares as in the days of Noah. I know most see it the way you posted, but I gave that question to a Bible College, which put it before their students. Most took it as you do, but some caught that those taken was unawares as the flood took them unawares and drowned them.

#207 Brother Bob, Aug 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2007
  8. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

I am sorry

"I do not believe at all that God's children commit adultery. I believe they are kept by the power of God and will be presented body, soul and spirit blameless to the Father."

I don't know the person who could have hurt you so bad in the act of adultery Brother Bob. But I would like to acknowledge your pain, let you know that you do have the right to the way you are feeling, and say that I am sorry for this act that has had such an effect on your life. Also know that God will take care of it and they will answer to Him for this. (I have to leave for work now.)

I love you very much,

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thankfully, I have not been hurt by it personally. It is all the other homes that have been broken up, children having to suffer a divorce of their parents. Women talking about all the faults of their husbands while engaging in adultery themselves, or visaversa. Jesus forgives us of all our sins, including adultery never to be remember against us anymore. Then after receiving the blood of Christ, the mind of Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Ghost to believe that person could commit adultery, is just beyond me. I have always believed they were not saved to start with.

Hbr. 6:
    4: For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    5: And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    6: If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

As He told the woman that He had forgive, go and sin no more. She would have to sin with the flesh to commit adultery again. If I seem harsh, I do not mean to, but if I told you something that I thought would make you feel good, I would be doing you a wrong. From what you have told me, you are the "innonenct party and are free as Jesus said "saving the cause of fornication", so it would not involve you, unless of course you married into adultery with someone who was not free.

Peace,

BBob

10. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Matthew 24

I see, Brother Bob, our difference in the interpretation of Matthew 24 gets at the root of our difference in beliefs I would say. I would also have to disagree with the statement that this woman would have to be in her flesh to commit adultery. I believe what Jesus said in Matthew 5:28 to be adultery and understand Him to mean it is a sin of the heart where I believe all sin originates for the Law of God that governs and condemns our old flesh would have no effect unless Jesus had not enlightened my heart and soul with His Light of Love. Even though we differ I believe we can learn a lot from discussing things with each other. I like learning and I am glad you are active in the schools. I always like to hear this among Christian people. I believe education is the next best weapon after Salvation to poverty and ignorance. With Love,

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Rom 7:25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The inward man cannot sin for he is born of God and has the mind of Christ.

The outward man, has a mind called the carnal mind, and that is what leads him to sin.

As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God and if any man have not the mind of Christ, he is none of his. This is the inward man, which is already cleansed up by the blood of the Lamb and ready to go to heaven at the natural death, to rest until the resurrection. This is what Paul said when he was about to die, "to be with Christ is far better".

The carnal mind is the one who leads man to sin, and cannot serve God. That is why the warfare of the outward man and the inward man.

So many, never take into account when speaking of man, there is an inward man and there is an outward man. The inward man is born of God and cannot sin.

#211 Brother Bob, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  12. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Saul and the original thread (I think!)

Yep! I was thinking of Paul's writing when I wrote that last comment. Now back to what I think was the original question on this thread, about a sin unto death? I think! I am up to Saul's death in Samuel. What are your thoughts on how David always referred to Saul as God's annointed so he would not harm him even though Saul caused so much trouble in Israel and finally died the death he died? What would you say was Saul's sin unto death? I read it a few days ago but it just came to me this way today.

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It seems all of Saul's troubles and death were because of disobedience of God's Commands. Which Obedience is better than sacrifice. He made sacrificies but all the time being disobedient to God's commands. The same thing that gets us all today.
    "Thou shalt not Kill", Thou shall have not other Gods before me", etc.

#213 Brother Bob, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  14. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Saul and David

Brother Bob, was it Saul's jealousy of David that drove his disobedience for I've heard some say this before. Do you think his disobedience was just within Saul? We know that God destroys a person or a nation for their wickedness and God said not for our rightousness but for their disobedience. So how much do you think Saul's disobedience had to do with his jealousy of David? And why do you think David had no trouble killing all those nations he slew, and others within Isreal, but he was afraid to hurt Saul?

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Of course I considered Saul's jealousy and it was in the disobedience to not "covet". Also, David knew Saul was appointed of God.
    I like the NT Sis Sarah, I think the OT is for our learning but is not for us to live by. I don't have concubines as they had. I would not stone my wife or my children to death. I use the OT, from time to time, but find it hard to fit into the NT. Such as a subject we are discussing now about the wicked being estranged from its mother's womb and going straight with lies. But it had "great teeth", and God washed His feet in the blood of those evil ones. It has to be sybolism, for I have never known an infant with "great teeth". So, I find it hard to compare today with then. Even, what we started with, fornication. Jesus said from the beginning it was not so, but for the hardness of your heart, Moses gave you the right of a "bill of divorcement" because of the hardness of your heart. Jesus goes on to set that back where it was in the beginning, with the exception of fornication.

16. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

17. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to do that quote box like you guys do!

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]this one click on it will give you this [.....] * [/.....]

Type where the aristocrat is.

#218 Brother Bob, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007
  19. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

I tried it! I don't know how I got two quotes though! Ha! Ha! But now I am going to read Psalm 58 and study that! Thank you Brother Bob! I am working at my third job now! A community newspaper I put out once a month but I hope to have another question for you by tomorrow night! Take care,

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Sis Sarah;

Lets say you have a sentence that say, I am going to study. ok

before you start the sentence put

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.