1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On Baptism...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis Lio

Dennis Lio New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ***Yes, to SHOW their decision of faith in Christ and acceptance of His free gift of forgiveness thru His grace, death on the cross and His Resurrection. Baptism is not a burden..it is a public display of that person's decision to accept Christ. To put any more weight on baptism than that just isn't correct or fair. It is a Celebration! If baptism is a MUST for salvation, then what do you do with Christ's command to share the Last Supper (Communion) as a Remembrance whenever we Christians meet? Very few churches celebrate Communion every Sunday. Why not?

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The human body is , on the average about 65% water.

• Like Like x 1
  3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. I believe Jesus included His saving the thief on the cross to make sure we understand that the "regenerational baptism" myth is false, that HE, not baptism, does the saving.

But I fully agree that every new Christian SHOULD be baptized ASAP if at all possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.