1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Once again...the 1610 English scriptural authority was...?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by robycop3, Aug 22, 2004.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was it? Why was it revised, replaced, etc.?

MY answer...Every valid English Bible made before 1611. And they were revised/replaced according to the beliefs of those in power at a given time.

2. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Once again we find robycop with his version bickering. Have you had a chance to look at that scripture I asked you to discuus about three months ago?
    No I didn't think so you are too busy trying to save the world from the KJB.
    How long has it been since you personally lead a soul to Christ?
    Do you spend more time here on this board than witnessing to lost people about the Saviour?
    Sure you do because you and others like you feel so powerful behind your keyboard.
    Why not go down to the grocery store nearest you and give a tract to the 90 lb. girl behind the counter. While you're at it tell her what Jesus Christ did for you.
    That would be out of the question huh? Too confrontational for you?
    Better take a minute to see just what the Great Commission was. It wasn't to spend all your time here.

3. natters

natters New Member

psr.2 said "Once again we find robycop with his version bickering."

Once again we find psr.2 avoiding a simple question and attacking the spirituality of the person asking it.

4. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Ah natters the convicting power of God has reached you all the way out west. Haven't done much witnessing lately huh?
    Better get busy God's coming soon.

5. natters

natters New Member

When are we actually going to talk about Bible versions in the Bible versions forum? Get off your high horse and try to have a normal conversation.

6. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Wanting to see souls saved is normal conversation for me. Apparently it isn't for you and that is why God is convicting you.

7. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

What is it you want to hear about versions?
    How about this;
    The KJB is the VERY WORDS OF GOD.
    Other versions contain bits and pieces of it mingled with humanism and philosophy.

8. natters

natters New Member

Go play in the witnessing forum then. This forum is for discussing Bible versions.

9. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

I doubt I could find you there.

10. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Psr-2,

Can you show one place in scripture where the words king, james, and bible appear in the same sentence?

11. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Charles can you show one place where when Paul was writing that he said it was scripture?

Don't come at me with your "yeah hath God said" garbage.

That is such a stupid lame question that it doesn't deserve a response.

You are so brainwashed by that garbage that you think it's proof of something.
    It is so typical of someone who denies the authority of the KJB to mimic what they here.

Where does it say KJV in the KJV? That is so pathetic.
    Where does the bible say a computer is a computer?
    Well I guess it's not a computer.
    Don't bore me with trash if you would like to go into a verse by verse discussion of scripture I would love to. But I'm sure you could not discuss a verse of scripture for more than a minute and then have to go back to your posting to save the world from the KJB.

12. Charles Meadows

Psr2: blah blah blah...blah blah blah.

Translation: I cannot answer the question in accordance with my stance so I will avoid it.

:D :D :D

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    PSR2 - unless you are willing to debate and answer questions, I will begin deleting your nonsense.

Please do not post unless you care to engage in the topic at hand.

Now, that said, I would appreciate hearing you answer the question of this thread. THEN we can debate back and forth without name calling. Thanks.

14. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Grow up Charles.
    Say I was just curious have you spent more time here on this board than you do actually giving the gospel to lost people?
    It seems when I ask that question people get bent out of shape but think about it.
    Are you more militant here than in person?
    I'll bet you're real brave when it comes to telling someone on the street how to get saved and giving them a tract.
    Have you ever gone out in public and told people how to be saved or is the great commission for you to save the world from the KJB?
    What about it Charles, when was the last time you personally witnessed to and kead a soul to Christ outside of church?
    I'm waiting for your reply.

15. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

DR. Bob this is hard to take coming from you after what I have experienced from you. You personally have jumped in on a thread of mine with a garbage statement never to return even after I asked you to.

16. Charles Meadows

C'mon Psr2,

"Can you show one place in scripture where the words king, james, and bible appear in the same sentence?"

"the 1610 English scriptural authority was..."

We're still waiting for answers!! :D

And witnessing is not about counting how many people one can accost in one day, or how many one can bus to Jack Hyles' church in one morning. It's about living each minute of each day as as Christ would, and showing others His love.

17. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Just as I thought you never have. Don't tell me about what it isn't tell me of a recent opportunity you have had to SPEAK the gospel to a lost person and see them saved. And have you spent more time trying to save the world from the KJV than trying to keep people out of hell?

18. Charles Meadows

Psr2,

Yes I have witnessed to lost people (plenty of them in my line of work!). ;)

But once again - you didn't answer the questions! And what does the state of the "word of God" have to do with how many people I've witnessed to today?

Methinks thou canst not answer the questions - for thou hast not an answer to give!

;) ;)

19. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

I have shown you the stupidity of that question and yet you have wrapped all of your faith in it and are wearing it like a banner.
    Typical for a KJV OPPOSER.

20. Charles Meadows

Begin' your pardon Psr2,

But all you've done is say mean things! :(

You offer no reason that we should consider the KJV to be different than any other TRANSLATION. And when we ask for proof you say more mean things!

I'm a KJV supporter - although I can read the original languages pretty well.

I understand that you were probably raised with the KJV and don't want to change - but that's OK. You shouldn't try to force YOUR OPINIONs on others.

By the way, are you as Christlike when you're "witnessing" to others?

Tee hee!

Just kidding!

[​IMG] [​IMG]