1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Once saved, always saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ChurchofChristguy, Apr 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No spin from me. I do not care what men tutored you . I am taught by the Holy Spirit. The spin cycle in here is by you and your pals. It is clear what the SCRIPTURES ALONE ARE SAYING, without your spin cycle. And all I posted addresses the unforgivable sin Christ gave knowledge of in sum. You keep going on about the RCC , you too have many errors , far more I will add because you deny the dogma of the faith. Those heart of the matter things. You should just stick with the basics, those things which the fire and brimstone preachers of your sect can only see. You know those OBVIOUS things , like murder is wrong, adultery is wrong, hurting children is wrong etc...

Stop trying to interpret scripture, you reject the heart and therefore those deep mysteries are not yours to know. Stop all this " we do not pray for help from the dead" when believers pray- the apostles and mother Mary pray for them and help them. They are the first CHURCH and are NOT DEAD! No one DIES IN CHRIST. Those outside of Christ do. You have NO concept of the SOUL in the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit in the soul,the covering, our clothing if you will ,only for the faithful. THEY LIVE and are over us and should be esteemed , and trusted because it is for us they labored.

They reign from heaven , just as Christ promised! Only devils slander the glories of God through their habitation in self willed men.

And those evil men are not in union with the first ,predestined, elect who the TRULY faithful of this end of the age are sister church to. IT IS CALLED THE BODY OF CHRIST!

And the many members do NOT cut each other off, PERIOD! This is common sense. GET IT? Body of Christ.... on earth as it is in heaven. The kingdom of heaven is within the believers ON EARTH , until they are brought into the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN above the earth. We have a direct line to our holy Family in Christ. Hence, brothers and sisters, elders, father Abraham, Jacob Isaac. Queens and Mothers -Mary, the highest blessed among women , her sisters like Sarah and Rachel , Ruth etc..., who are mothers from which our lineage in faith began. Boy sometimes people are dense!

You have torn down the bridge to heaven, because of hate and self abased knowledge. We are united in the Holy Spirit, it is not a temporary union solely based on if you can see you brother , but it is faith without sight, believing in those things unseen. Love is not contained, it is not bottled up for those only here on earth. Love comes from heaven and reaches heaven through our faith in Christ's promises. And those promises are : that if we follow Him, we receive spiritual gifts on earth, and shall be given thrones and crowns and scepters for running our race to its end and WINNING! THAT MEANS A HOLY ROYAL REIGN IN CHRIST. The FIRST to know already achieved that. HELLO! The tree in which the gentile is grafted into ,Reigns in the heavenly Jerusalem RIGHT NOW! That too,is for all those who love Christ and respect and highly esteem those who labored for us and are over us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." [Rom 14:4]

"But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God."
    [Rom 14:10]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again blessings to you sir. You seem to have misunderstood me.

4. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Don't be a hypocrite now. Discernment gives admonishment. God will decide if you or anyone shall stand or fall. Remember those verses.

Contempt is what you have all regarded me in. I have simply corrected you and you do not like it. And if you truly knew the scriptures .....we are to esteem and admonish one another
    Contempt: the feeling that a person or a thing is beneath consideration, worthless, or deserving scorn.

That would be you toward me. This is a baptist forum after all, and none of the truth I have shared is accepted. Better than that, because it is truth it has not been able to be refuted. So ,who has contempt for whom? If I,who speaks truth am rejected who are you rejecting? Who is Truth? CHRIST OF COURSE. It is clear your doctrines have FALLEN before the truth (CHRIST) . He is ones authority. If God so chooses to make that a fall like Ananias and Sapphira, that too is His power to do so .It is clear I stand on His promises .

• Like Like x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
    25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
    26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

• Like Like x 1
  6. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not hold you in contempt. I am indifferent towards you. You don't really engage in dialogue, so conversation with you feels pointless.

I posted those verses because certain comments directed at HankD had nothing to do with theology and were 100% personal criticism. It was neither “esteeming” nor “admonishing”, it looked more like “biting and devouring”.

7. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indifference:lack of interest, concern, or sympathy.
    Then you should not engage in conversation. It would seem even this, you state is a lie. If you felt that way to begin with, you would've NEVER engaged me in conversation. As for your concern for Hank he is no wall flower and is a big boy. He is no stranger to war. So really? That is simply a cop-out . It is just another prideful, self righteous attempt at trying to feel superior. Hank gives it out, then he should too, be able to take it . Go play coy with someone else. Oh! and by the way, your indifference toward the truth only shows you are an affront to Christ, from whom all truth comes. Loosing is not suppose to feel good. That is why I lean on my Lover as I am coming up out of the wilderness of denominations. I run a race to win a crown, to get the prize that matters ,not to just get a participation trophy. If you want accolades, Frank may be just the one to give them to you . i look to get Christ's approval, therefore I do not appease men and their false doctrines.

#87 OfLivingWaters, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  8. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a short bunny trail, but I am incapable of hypocrisy. I am a completely sinful reprobate sustained by the Grace of God alone, so when I fall short of the mark of Christ, I am being what I claim to be.

... unlike you, I make no claims to being all that and a bag of chips.

Amazing Grace,
    how sweet the sound,
    that saved a wretch like me.

I once was lost,
    but now, I’m found,
    was blind, but now I see.

9. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have a LOT of hate for a Christian, and your deliberate twisting of words into an attack makes you a liar as well. (Rev 21:8)

10. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have said it though I never said that: atpollard said:" .. unlike you, I make no claims to being all that and a bag of chips."

The opinions of others are very telling. Things that make you go HMMMM?:rolleyes:

John 18:36-38
    Jesus Before Pilate
    …36Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now, My kingdom is not of this realm.” 37(“Then You are a king!” Pilate said. “You say that I am a king,” Jesus answered.) “For this reason I was born and have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to My voice.” 38“What is truth?” Pilate asked. And having said this, he went out again to the Jews and told them, “I find no basis for a charge against Him.…

#90 OfLivingWaters, Jun 12, 2019
  11. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    You were probably making a point somewhere in there, but for the life of me I have no idea what that point could be. So I will just leave you to your constant self-comparisons to Christ and say ...

Shalom. (Peace and well being)

12. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I hate sin, not the sinner. " Be angry and do not sin" . Truth is a two edged sword, and you are being minced by Christ. I spoke no lie that is why YOU have become hostile. Instead of throwing accusations step up ! REFUTE the scriptures I posted which support my doctrine ? News flash, Christ is fighting against you with the sword of His mouth Revelation. His mouth pieces are His saints. I am just saying.....there is NO WAY you will win in a war of Words. Maybe now you see how so many saints were martyred. They are not silenced by weak words, so people kill them.

Point: You hate the truth! And throughout history , if people could they did shut the saints up through the physical sword. Since the saints weapons are not carnal ,you are only feeling the spiritual sword and it hurts. THAT IS THE POWER OF THE LIVING WORD OF GOD. Slaying dragons all day long,alllllll the live loooong DAY! I will not apologize for speaking the truth. Nor will I be like Saul who lost his anointing by not obeying God, in taking NO prisoners nor let any infidel live. I will not let live ,false doctrine .Or the men who uphold it (SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING . God will allow me the strength to pull their pillars down =(Teachings) of their false temples like the Philistines. Samson brought them down on their heads. I will spare no expense, not even my own life to preserve the TRUTH! God will prevail and I will never fail as long as I put my faith in His promises!

Me not winning you over is not a loss for me but you. And is your death. I gain souls to the truth who are His to begin with.;) Moral of this story, some come so far but when tried are shown to be false. They commit spiritual suicide by pandering to unholy nonsense . PERIOD!

ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED??? The point is , most who are arrogantly preaching that are being shown to be BIG FAT LIARS!

Like the apostles , I do not claim to have already laid hold of my crown. You who go on screaming once Saved , always Saved really are just assuming you are SAVED. Point is , God knows you better than you all know yourselves, and He reveals what men are. So far the Word is revealing you as counterfeit because you do not possess the bondsman . No get out of jail free card for you. REPENT!

13. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Comparison to Christ? Are we to be like someone else? I am not sorry for not being like you! We are called to be as Christ is. "
    1John 3:1-3
    Children of God
    1Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. 2Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. 3And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as Christ is pure.…
    I am already in peace with or without you. My peace comes from Christ. Be Blessed.

14. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let’s fact check that claim.

Six attacks directed at the “sinner”, zero “sins” mentioned.

1. I am being minced by Christ.
    2. I have become hostile.
    3. I need to step up.
    4. Christ is fighting against me.
    5. I will not win a war of words.
    6. I should now see that saints will not be silenced by weak words.

... and YOU claim to hate the sin but love the sinner?
    (I think not.)

[That was only one paragraph, your rant against the “sinner” goes on and on.]

15. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rea
    Really, how about heresy? You seem to be very bad at fact checking. You have been proven wrong concerning the unforgivable sin and what it means , with scripture alone , by me being guided by the Holy Spirit .

You have been proven wrong in your accusation that I make false doctrine and twist scripture to fit my self proclaimed dogma. You have essentially called me a heretic first! And you can not deny that. I proved you're wrong by stepping up and proving my beliefs with the written Word.

See, I am undaunted by your attacks toward me because they are weak. You can not refute TRUTH, PERIOD! But no doubt you waged war against me first. I read your post concerning "Once saved Always Saved" and said I understand what it states and thanked you for sharing, I then responded with clarity what the 411 is concerning the knowledge of heaven.

Instead of you being humble you chose to go on an attack toward me. I pointed out your heresy and answered your attacks with swift cutting answers.

It is clear you are not wise like Peter who could accept admonishment. In the "Confronting of Peter by Paul" Peter stood condemned for showing partiality toward persons . He almost compromised truth for acceptance by his kin. But Paul FACT CHECKED him and Peter repented, unlike you. So it is clear , you are NOT built upon the ROCK-Peter but rather your denomination who you are akin to. You prefer its acceptance over accepting the TRUTH. You prove to NOT be wise .
    Proverbs 8:8-10
    The Way of Wisdom
    …8Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man, and he will love you. 9Instruct a wise man, and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man, and he will increase his learning. 10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.…
    Peter is like a wise man and those who are Church are built upon his character.
    A Wise man appreciates correction because it is life:
    Psalm 141:4-6
    Come Quickly to Me
    …4Do not let my heart be drawn to any evil thing or take part in works of wickedness with men who do iniquity; let me not feast on their delicacies. 5Let the righteous man strike me; let his rebuke be an act of loving devotion. It is oil for my head; let me not refuse it. For my prayer is ever against the deeds of the wicked. 6When their rulers are thrown from the cliffs, the people will listen to my words, for they are pleasant.…
    Proverbs 16:17-19
    The Reply of the Tongue is from the LORD
    …17The highway of the upright leads away from evil; he who guards his way protects his life. 18Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. 19It is better to be lowly in spirit among the humble than to divide the spoil with the proud.…

It's too bad you people are NOT humble:Frown.

#95 OfLivingWaters, Jun 12, 2019
  16. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean “You people”? What are you, some sort of racist?

17. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were those not your words that I quoted?

18. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    If by ‘proven wrong’ you mean that anything that I posted was ignored and you loudly reasserted that your opinions were the only right ones, then I have to agree. That’s the way that I remember my attempt at having a conversation with you going as well.

19. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    More false accusations. Now you are grasping at straws. AM I SOME KIND OF RACIST??? You are totally derailed. How you got that from anything being discussed here??? The world will never know...... but God does:rolleyes:.

Keep it real if you can:Whistling.

20. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not true. It is clear I read everything you posted. The problem is I fact checked you. Your problem is you loose and I win and well....you just don't like that. Cest la vie:Cool.

You take yourself waaaay too seriously. You should take this as a growth moment. You know , one of those life edifying moments which lends itself to growth and move on. Life is good and no one is bigger than God!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.