1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Once saved always saved

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by TP, Dec 31, 2004.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, they have forsaken the right way and have gone astray.....even denying the Lord that bought them.

Did not Jesus die for the sake of all the world? To purchase the lost? All those who shall call upon the name of the Lord? The debt has been paid, correct? The only thing left is regeneration by the will of God for those who will recieve the Truth.

They have heard the right way and have forsaken it, maybe they even were faithful church pew warmers at one time, but never were born again.

God Bless! [​IMG]

2. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do you mean?

God Bless! [​IMG]

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)

Bob, can you explain what this verse is saying? It says that the born of God CANNOT sin!? What does this mean?

God Bless!

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do you mean?

God Bless! [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]What I mean is it would be nice to know you believe with the Church universal "and sitteth at the right hand of God from where He shall return to judge the living and the dead".

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hi brothers and sisters in Christ. My computer crashed last week and I still haven't found anyone to come and fix it yet. I am just poping in using my brothers computer to let you know I will be back!

God Bless!

7. ICU2YB

ICU2YB New Member

I once asked a Church of Christ potentate, in the light of Titus 1:2, that God cannot lie, to explain how Christ could honestly say Mt 7:21-23 to an obedient 5 stepper, & got Porky pig's answer “be-dee be-dee that’s all!”

I was but a babe in Christ then thus didn’t follow up with the following pertinent questions, which I now ask opponents of OSAS to scripturally answer in obedience to Isa 28:10; 2 Tim 2:15.

1) How many births did the Lord tell Nicodemus he must have?

2) After the believing sinner receives his new Divine birth can he then lose that life by doing wrong or by failing to do right? If so, can he get that Divine life back, i.e. be born again, two, three, four etc times?

Thanks, Dave

8. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey, I made it back! Had to by a new computer. Well, I chose to by a new one rather than dumping more money into my old one. It was begining to nickle and dime me.

Hi Gerhard,

What you say and what the scriptures say just don't coincide. It is all a matter of scripture interpreting scripture and when scripture is the sole method used for interpretation, then one will learn that the gift of eternal life is offered to all regardless of the fact that God already knows those who will answer His call (foreknowledge).

Hi Dave and Amen! These two passages are the key to building sound doctrine.

1) ONE

2a) NO

2b) Since the answer is NO. Hypothetically one could not be renewed again unto repentance.

God Bless! [​IMG]

10. ICU2YB

ICU2YB New Member

Hi Steaver,

Hopefully miz83 or someone else in the CoC will respond, because I have yet to have any CoC potentate answer this question also.

Paul identifies only three groups in this world 1 Cor 10:32. Would Bob, or anyone else, please explain how they arrive at four?

Thanks, Dave

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't think you will get an argument about these three groups from them. What they believe is that one can flip flop in and out of eternal life. Of course this destroys the definition of "eternal".

God Bless! [​IMG]

12. ICU2YB

ICU2YB New Member

Steaver,

Which is the point.

If what conditional eternal life advocates teach was true, would there not be a fourth group? It they were handling the word of God correctly (Isa 28:10; 2 Tim 2:15) shouldn’t they be able to turn to the verse, in context, for their “precept”?

The CoC insist that once a believer sins they join the lost, & yet do not have to be baptized again to be saved, which is faulty exegesis.

The irony is that CoC potentates deliberately live in constant sin & refuse to confess 2 Cor 4:2; Col 3:9 because they know the “restoration giANTs” were never baptized for the remission of sins, which according to their “precept” is absolutely necessary for salvation. Yet they insist that their sect is of God because of those GIantS, their religious rites are scriptural & that the other 500 “denominations” in “Christianity” are wrong.

Hopefully the CoC followers that are lurking will began to see the truth.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hi ICU,

Yes I see, but won't they say that they just become Gentiles again or Jews?

What does CoC stand for?

God Bless! [​IMG]

14. ICU2YB

ICU2YB New Member

15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I had an email debate a few years ago with a preacher from a Christian church. He believed in both Eternal Insecurity and Baptismal Regeneration. As my wife put it, if he truly believed those ideas, he must have been getting baptized everyday. [​IMG]

16. ICU2YB

ICU2YB New Member

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank You!

"lost Christians" ?? Quite the oxymoran! What a sad thing to teach that Jesus Christ is just another religion that one follows. These people do not understand "born of God"?

God Bless! [​IMG]

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The 3rd link in the list takes you to Westside Christian Church in Springfield, Illinois. In 1965, Westside planted Lakeside Christian Church on the other side of Springfield. Lakeside is the church I was a member of for over 9 years.

All I know for sure about Lakeside, Westside and others like them is that they are 1 of the 3 "types" of churches that came out of the Reformation Movement. CoC is one. I thought Assemblies of God was another and I don't remember the 3rd one.

I'm not an Admin or Moderator here, and I don't have the first clue about setting up a board. I don't really know enough about those churches to educate anybody. I can talk about my experience there, and what I observed, if you like.

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Steaver,

In my experience, neither the layperson, nor even some of the preachers, understand "born of God."

Oh, BTW, I guess I got the movement wrong. According to Westside's website, it's the Restoration Movement, not Reformation, if there's a difference.