1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One Nation Under Gods

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Will, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Will

Will New Member

I just finished reading "One Nation Under Gods, A history of the Mormon Church," by Richard Abanes. It is a gripping history of the Mormon cult. Very educational. Very well researched and documented.

Document images include court records of Joseph Smith the "glass looker", who was convicted for using a seer stone in a hidden treasure scheme. The history of his different versions of the golden plate story is amazing.

Much of the history is chilling. Especially the parts concerning Brigham Young. What a bloodthirsty and maniacal individual. The tales of the Danite deathsquads and their killing and castration missions made me wince for the poor people that had to live through them.

I strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn the true history of the Mormon cult. Abanes is a respected journalist and does a great job.