1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

online evangelism

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Miss E, May 6, 2020.

1. Miss E

Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    what do you all think of sharing Jesus with people on other online platforms? And by that I mean actively going into tags (like on Tumblr or Twitter) and just putting out the Gospel there to those who might come across it? I have created a blog specifically for sharing Jesus on Tumblr and if you know anything about that social network it is HIGHLY liberal and full of unbelievers. I try to post into the tags where I think more non-Christians would be such as the homosexuality tag or abortion tag. So far I haven't gotten much backlash or feedback but that doesn't mean it isn't reaching someone who might not know about Jesus. I try to user scriptures whenever I can and put it as lovingly as I can.

This place in itself is a good evangelic tool but it is already targeted to Christians (not to say it isn't drawing some others to see what we have to say). But those are my first impressions and thoughts and what I'm doing to share the Gospel with the masses in a social media based way.

What are you all doing to share the Gospel outside of this site? And do you think it is effective? What ways can we get the Message out in more ways on social media?

• Like Like x 2
  2. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm . . .

I promote the Bible Project when I have the chance.

Generally speaking, for me the gospel is the story of Jesus. For the most part I try to dispel myths about Jesus like he was just a good person who told everyone to be nice to each other. Other times, I just simply tell the stories. I think most people know who Jesus is, so I'm not evangelizing like the the "great commission". The uttermost parts of the world have been notified - even though some parts of the world have given God the middle finger.

At this point one generally gets stuck doing apologetics - not telling people about Jesus for the first time.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Friendship evangelism

4. Miss E

Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Elaborate please

5. Miss E

Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't know for sure people haven't been told about Jesus. I agree with Apologetics up to a certain point for clarification but don't use it as a means to start an argument. No body gets saved by an argument, I sure didn't.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty said:
    Friendship evangelism

Excellent question -

In the past - for the most part - we have seen great revivals
    AS an example - Billy Grahmn came to Syracuse, NY twice. In 1953, thousands came during a month long campaign.
    In 1989, over 20,000 attended end the final night of a 5 night crusade.

In addition, many local had week long revivals for years.vat

In the 21 Century, I have not heard about one revival in CNY.

Last year, Franklin Graham came and only 6,000 attended on a (only) one nigh event.

So instead of going and passing out hundreds of Bible tracts - get to know one person/family. Become BBF- Little by little
    introduce the Bible to them - have a Bible study with them one night a week - it could take a year or even more, before they commit their life to Christ. In Friendship Evangelism - there will be quality - rather then quantity.

Some will say, we can see more salvations if we just do mass evangalism.

Suppose a church can see 10 salvations a week x 50 weeks - 500 x 20 years = 10,000

After 15 years - how many of the those 10, grand are disciples and committed Christians

But if you disciple one person a year -

at the year end - 1 new convert who has been disciples
    at the end of year 2 -- 2 new converts
    at the end of year 3 3 previous converts + 3 new converts = 6 total converts
    at the end of year 4 6 previous converts + 6 new converts = 12 total converts
    at the end of year 5 12 previous converts +12 new converts = 24 total converts
    at the end of year 6 24 previous converts + 24 new converts = 48 total converts

at the end of year 15 2,4576 previous converts + 2,4576 new converts = 49,152 total converts

with grounded discipliship the vast majority of those 50, grand will still be serving the Lord.

Here is a link I have found: