1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Only calvinists are believers.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by webdog, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Oh boy, I am a DOG LOVER too. Have three rugrats. Papillion, Malti-Poo, and a roadside rescue which appears to be long hair chihuahua.

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Calvinism to whisky to dogs...

Methinks the thread's derailed. :laugh:

3. mandym

mandym New Member

You make a very good point. But seeing as the main leadership on this board is a cal it will be ignored.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all, but after reading it it makes you want to sit back in the lazy-e-boy, have a drink pet your beloved dog (s). :smilewinkgrin:

Maybe we need to start a thread on Lazy-E-Boys....put your feet up.:wavey:

5. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I attacked nobody, I quoted IC verbatim. His own words condemn. You need to go back and read it again.

for harping on reading comprehension so much it would do you a world of good to heed your own advice. The line was drawn at those who believe
    as he does are believers, those who do not serve another god. He (nor you or anyone) has any business making such bogus claims.

Yawn.

#86 webdog, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  7. MorseOp

MorseOp New Member

I don't know everyone's history here, but is it possible that the rhetoric just becomes too heated at times and people say or interpret things the wrong way?

8. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

#88 HeirofSalvation, Jun 26, 2012
  9. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I would say that this thread has gone downhill, but that would assume it was ever up the hill. This has got to be one of the saddest threads I've seen in a while. The unchristlike behavior that is being demonstrated. First, the thread should never have been made. Rules clearly state that if you have a personal issue to take it up in private messaging and not in the open forum. Second, the conversation that has followed has been nothing close to christlike.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He made the comments on the open forum, I addressed them the same way. Nothing "sad about that. The only thing "sad" are those calvinists who believe as he does. I want them to come forward if they really believe that way so I know for future reference. Your insinuation I violated a rule without even addressing the clear rule violation (whether Havensdad thinks it is or not) is what is "sad".

11. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Havensdad...

Maybe so, but its because Iconoclast had been "CARPET-CONDEMNING" every single non-cal that came his way! Basically declaring that that all non cals are heretical reprobates!

Flagrantly disregarding the warning to not question the salvation of anyone on this board.

And the mods do nothing!!

Gee, I wonder if the mods are calvinists??

12. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You and webdog are liars.

Provide where I said that or shut up.

Webdog pulled part of what i said out of context, because in context and understood it was fine. He just does not like it.
    You cannot answer to scripture that comes your way so you jump on the band wagon....as long as these kind of threads move away from scripture to a personal attack you feel free to attempt to pile on.

You cannot answer, Aged man, Havensdad,or anyone else who offers scripture, that should be your concern as well as webdog and others who turn from scripture and look to divert things into this name calling.

if you do not care to discuss scripture, there is no need for this mindless nonsense you are posting.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and you have the nerve to tell me to step up my posting :rolleyes: This must be the "aggressive" part of the passive / agressive Iconoclast...

Yeah...right. Here we go (in context)

Quote: HOS
    This is yet again, your consigning someone to Hell and proclaiming their being un-saved because they disagree with your "correction"....Why do you do this? That is evil. This is why I said: (I should not have generalized all into one group).

Quote: IC
    This is evil........
    HOS..... I am responding to what you post. God is the one who sends people to heaven or hell. I believe these verses;

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

I confess before men how the biblical God has saved me and others. Multitudes have agreed to the same confession of faith and others very much like it. They are called calvinists.
    You and others on BB have openly denied the biblical God I worship.

Yep...still says the same thing.
    Third grade debate tactics. You have already been told and shown we answer your Scripture (when you supply it and not the work of your hero's)...you just don't like the answers, and dismiss us as lost since we do not agree with YOUR interpretation of it.

Names...like liar? Step up your game, man! Provide the Scripture that I don't worship the same God as you... or maybe it is you that needs to step back into the shadows.

Kinda like your tripe in the op?

#93 webdog, Jun 26, 2012
  14. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yep, I like dogs. :rolleyes:

15. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Not worthy of a response

16. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

My case in point.

I'm not insinuating anything. I thought I was saying it very clear. Rule 4. Also, the way you are handling it is not with grace.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:confused:

It's being handled in the same way it was intended to be received, and in the way Paul handled blatant error with Peter.

18. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

you are violating rule 3 and 4. You are doing wrong. You are not showing grace to other posters who you disagree with(violation of rule 3). You started a new thread for the sole purpose of attacking another poster.(violating of rule 4)

If you really believe Icon has done something wrong, you should contact him and the moderators and get it resolved. Having a thread like this serves no real purpose. It just gets people mad and fighting(like we have seen in the 10 pages so far).

#98 jbh28, Jun 26, 2012
  19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

One, the thread is now closed. Two, that is NOT why I started the thread, and I have no idea how you construe it to be an attack. It is exposing this sickening practice of IC (and others here) who feel they are the ONLY believers on here for adhering to a systematic theology of a flower. I have violated no rules. The violation of rules 3 and 4 were what I quoted in the OP.

20. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

That's exactly why you started the thread. It is an attack on the character of another poster. You have violated 2 rules which I already showed you in the previous post. Don't deny it.

Anyway, this is my last response here unless you have a question for me. It's obvious you don't want to be corrected. I would agree that questioning ones salvation would be wrong, but if you feel that has been done, there is a correct way to handle it. Starting a thread about another poster for the this purpose is a rules violation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.