1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OOPS CNN accuses black man of "white privilege"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Jan 16, 2019.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’ before learning he’s black

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’ before learning he’s black
    It was a rough day for author and CNN legal analyst Areva Martin on Tuesday.

Martin accused Sirius XM radio and Fox Nation host David Webb of “white privilege” during a segment on a radio program before he broke the news.

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black,” Webb said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    David Webb talks the issues, people like his guest who said he had used his "White Privilege" to get where he was at use excuses such as that as a smokescreen because they seek to explain away the failures of those who do not have the initiative to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gotta push the agenda, never mind the facts.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a copout! Blamed it on being “given wrong information.” No. Obvious racism at work.

Make arguments based on facts, not ad hominem. Oh, but she didn't have anything else.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CNN should be embarrassed to being caught red handed race baiting , but they're not.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think she still only understood she was wrong about his race and not the racist concept she was supporting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is patently obvious. But she has no other argument but ad hominem.

Successful blacks who got there by hard work do not fit the false agenda she is promoting.

She hasn't a clue as to how racist she herself is. This was the perfect time to drive it home.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's another implication Clarance Thomas pointed out in "My Grandfather's Son".

Thomas graduated Yale on his own merit. But the year following affirmative action was policy at the University. Thomas considers his degree almost worthless because people assume he made it to Yale because of his race and not aptitude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is true, and she knew better than to go there, as it actually applies to her.

She is doubly racist--she attacks supposed white privilege while basking in unacknowledged black privilege.

I’ve seen this up close and it is ugly through and through. Such will not be satisfied unless and until blacks are the majority.

I am not saying that is the full extent of it (it isn't), but I will stop here anyway.