1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oops! Kentucky falls to Gardner-web

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Tom Butler, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

The score was 84-68 and Kentucky was never it it. They fell behind 11-0 at the start and was down by 13 early, and nine at the half.

They tried to come back, but G-W beat them back and won by 16.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I don't think there new coach will be in Lexington very long if he keeps this up, or maybe on this earth.

3. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow,

What a horrible way to start the season. However, even though BG is partially to blame, I still feel like this shows just how weak Tubby's recruiting was. His recruiting was weak and the talent level just isn't there yet. I think our 2 most talented players last night were Freshmen that BG recruited (Patterson & Legion)

I think BG will do a great job but it may take a couple years to get his players and system working. I hope we are patient enough to give him at least 2 seasons and then I think we will be back on top in the elite status of programs. His recruiting just since he has been here has been superb!

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Ouch...i'm surprised that there isn't mass hysteria in the streets of Lexington today.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Are you sure there will not be, after the fans get over the shock by about tomorrow?

Ed

6. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

What?! Are folks on this Board not rejoicing that if Kentucky had to die, it was at least at the hands of a BAPTIST college?!:laugh:

7. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm just glad that Kentucky fell. I also can't stand Billy Gillispie.

8. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    not a big fan of kentucky, but part of the problem for the big schools is that they are putting a new team on the court every year because the big guns go pro very quickly. This gives the smaller schools who keep a team together for 2-3 years a chance to win because they work together.

A loss this early in the season isn't so bad for basketball. They have the entire year to come together before the real season (march madness) begins. If KY played gardiner webb in February, the result would likely be very different.

I did like the KY coach taking all the blame. He was pretty clear that it wasn't the players fault, it was his fault. Thought that was a classy move... And, he'll have plenty of time to blame the players during their next practices. :laugh:

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It looks like the wackiness from football is carrying over to basketball. Ohio State was upset in preseason, too.

10. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Couldn't happen to a better school :)

11. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

You could be correct, but if you are Tubby must be one of the best coaches in the country, to have averaged about 26 wins a season with poor talent. The papers say that Billy at Fl. isn't that good a coach but has the best talent in the country, a lot of years. Maybe Billy and Tubby could co coach a school and never lose, no I don't think that would work, cost to much money, might have to do away with school and just play basketball.