1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Open carry ... the price of freedom

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just goes to show how stupid, and dishonest, the anti-gun / anti-constitution / anti- freedom / anti- liberty crowd really is.

According to Uniform Crime Reporting figures compiled by the U.S. Department of Justice in the states that allow open carry, violent crime was 23 percent lower, the murder rate was 5 percent lower, the aggravated assault rate was 23 percent lower and robbery rates were 36 percent lower.

And states with "shall issue" ccw laws were much the same, or even better.
    ccw crime rate.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rather old data so I'll not put much stock in those figures and from Texas at that. :Roflmao

A chart like that with no supporting data is pretty worthless. If you extrapolate the graphic out in a more truth way I don't believe you would publish it. There was a little book I read while in college on how to lie with statistics ... a very eye opening book. One area they emphasized was how to use graphics to take a set of data and prove both sides of the issue.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That video looks like Hyde Park Chicago.

5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How are the Communist gun laws working in Chicago and DC?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was stupid enough before it turned out to suggest extreme racism by police.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Uniform Crime Reporting figures are from 2012-2013.

And the CCW stats are even better now. CCW holders are now shown to be safer than Law Enforcement when it comes to being law abiding.

Your video is what is known as "projection." If you were in that situation that is how you would act so you assume everyone would act with your same lack of common sense and self control.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simply satire on our society. You need to loosen up and get a life.

9. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a great life. I intend to insure my children have an equally great life. That is the only reason I spend time and energy opposing the devilish ideology of liberals such as yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry. So many stupid, wrong premises in the first 30 seconds that I couldn't watch it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, It is sickening.

12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me too. I have moved on from protecting my children (my youngest is 43 the oldest is 52). They are perfectly capable of defending themselves. My son-in-law is retired from 24 years in the military and is a loving, kind, wonderful Christian man who holds death in both hands. I feel sorry for anyone who tries to harm his wife (my daughter) or his kids (my grandsons). Of course, two of their 3 boys are 6'3" and around 200 pounds of solid muscle, and all three of them (the youngest is only 8, an "opps" - but a favorite too) are well trained by their dad and their dojo in the martial arts.

So I am down to looking out for myself and my wife, and teaching my grandsons, along with my son-in-law, the proper use of firearms. Both the older two have now completed basic firearm safety courses, basic pistol and rifle courses, and are presently enrolled in tactical firearm training. (It helps that both their dad and their grand dad are advanced tactical firearm trainers and have their own shooting range.) :D

13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My kids are young. I went to work at the sheriffs office when I was 18. Went on the road (alone) at 19. Retired when I was 41.
    My oldest kid is 6. He can shoot. He, with no help from me, killed three deer this year with his .223. One shot, one kill. 105 yds, 80 yds, 220 yds.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it is funny. I take it you do not live in a state where people can open carry, so you may see it as satire on reality....but it isn't. It's funny, though.

15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Crabby, you just blew the left's anti-gun arguments.
    I always thought you were a closet-conservative - just keeping the pot stirred!! :Laugh:Laugh:Laugh

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satire is always a bit over the top. I chuckled a bit when I watched the video. This particular situation will never play out ... but there will be times when one or more are going to get shot in this manner. That will be a real tragedy.

JWP don't tell anyone, but it is fun to pull some folk's chain. It is so easy.

I grew up with guns. But it wasn't because were lived in fear of others ... as seems to be the case with so many these days. Everyone had a shotgun, a deer hunting rifle and a 22 rifle. Guns were simple a part of life and were used to supplement what people ate. I live in an urban area now and do not have a working rifle. I do have an old 45/70 that was used in the Spanish American War, but the firing pin is broken. I keep it for sentimental reasons. Our society has become, IMHO, completely irrational when it comes to firearms.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And why is that? Could it be that liberals only show the downside of owning a weapon.
    How often has a TV sitcom have an episode about owning a firearm- and then either the firearm is lost or someone shoots an "innocent" person.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care about the data. I am licensed to carry , either openly or concealed.

I choose to carry concealed. My choice.

On a traffic stop, even the police relax when you hand them your carry license. They know the security checks you had to go through to get it.

The anti gun nuts have to lie to get what they want.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I own weapons for, hunting, sport shooting and defense. The main reason I own is because the founders recognised that the people owning weapons was the most important mechanism to insure a government did not become tyrannical. I can tell you first hand that if you rely on the police to protect you that you are a bigger gambler than me. Over the years, I have zipped up a pile of people who died waiting for us to get there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm, maybe the police relax because you are white. Last year a black fellow, Philando Castile, was stopped, told the police he had a license and when he reached for it they shot him. Of course the policeman's defense was he was afraid that Castile was reaching for his, Castile's, guy and not his license. Do you remember the live stream of him being shot?

Thanks for bringing that up as it bears out a bit of the truth in the video ... a sad truth.