1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Operation Warp Speed Adviser says Media Criticism Slows Coronavirus Fight

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Aug 6, 2020.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shocked this was on CNN.com.
    -------

Operation Warp Speed Adviser says Media Criticism Slows Coronavirus Fight

Critical media reporting about Operation Warp Speed, the federal government's effort to speed development of drugs, vaccines and other measures to fight the coronavirus pandemic, is distracting people working on the project, its chief adviser says.

Former pharma executive Dr. Moncef Slaoui, chief adviser to Operation Warp Speed, complained on a US Health and Human Services Department podcast that he never expected to encounter what he considers unfavorable media coverage.

"I'm amazed that I'm being attacked on a personal basis in a way that, frankly, distracts my energy and energy of all the teams that we're working together with to deliver, and therefore decreases our chances or the speed with which we try to help humanity and the country resolve and address this issue," Slaoui said on the podcast, released on Friday.

"I thought that, you know, the press in particular was informing, but I [am] now convinced factually that the press has only one objective, which is to shape opinions and to distort information in a way that allows [them] to shape an opinion," Slaoui added. "And I find that unethical, extremely disappointing. And I really hope society will drive towards changing that back to more normalcy."

Warp Speed adviser says media critics slow coronavirus fight - CNN