1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Opinion -- Would Jesus Wear A Mask?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by rlvaughn, Jul 26, 2021.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would Jesus Wear A Mask. by The Wee Flea, David Robertson.

2. Guvnuh

Guvnuh Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I have to surmise that you are not in your seventies with a heart condition. I am thankful when people do wear a mask because for me and large numbers of others covid can and has been deadly.

That being said the fact the Rev did not wear a mask should not impact his position.

As to would Jesus wear a mask YES because He had compassion on the sick, the hurting and down trodden. Jesus would not have wanted to cause unnecessary suffering for people.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Jesus - being God - was he able to get sick?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we putting limitations on God now? Perhaps wearing the mask would be another teachable moment to his flock. After all, He is truly God and truly man.

6. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Mask Mandate

here goes

min all seriousness

I believe in a Holy, Omnipotent, Eternal, Sovereign God (I actually got into an argument with a medical doctor about this one time). His plans and purposes are not like mine, if He decides that I leave here because of COVID, it’s ok, if He decides that I die of cancer, it’s ok. If He decides that I get him by a drunk driver and die, it’s ok. I am going to die at some point for Gods good pleasure and purposes, and yes, He’s in charge

Some who call themselves Christian need to rest in the providence of God. Certainly not because I said so, but because God says so. To do otherwise, demonstrates a lack of faith in His providence and goodness towards His people. And that is much better than potato soup!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not in my seventies, just on the ramp headed there. My Mother's family has a history of heart attacks and my Dad's a history of cancer. None of those things are related to my posting the link the David Robertson's article. His stuff is usually thoughtful and well-written, in my opinion.

8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and fill up on my part that which is lacking of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body`s sake, which is the church; Col 1

Ever wonder which afflictions Christ was lacking?