1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Original Autographs Only

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by saul^paul, Jan 6, 2005.

1. David J

David J New Member

Problem for you Greg is that "if" you are using people like Will Kinney as sources then you are making a mistake. Will's logic is flawed at best and his own system to condemn modern bible can easily be turned on the KJV (1611-2000). Will is a good rabbit chaser at best and he demands that you conform to his twisted version of bible preservation. As for me I will leave Will and his Ruckman like theories alone and seek true facts. For example did you notice the .gif about the NIV removing words? Did you notice that it said the old KJVO war cry slogan,” Things that are different are not the same!"? You see the AV1611 is different from the 1769 KJV therefore is the 1769 tainted?

If you are KJV preferred then that is 100% fine with me. KJVOism is a lie from the lips of a SDA cultist, pushed forward by two dishonest Baptist preachers, and some of KJVOism best defense lines were created by a man that sees visions of a 10 foot tall black lipped Anti-Christ!

The emotional reasoning’s simply do not hold up in the light of facts. As a KJVO I fought with the facts for about a year before dropping the liberal modernism known as KJVOism.

Have you ever read the AV1611? If not then I would suggest that you do so. It was the AV1611 that first opened my eyes to the lie about KJVOism. The AV1611 itself destroys the KJVO myths refer to the Message to the Reader. Since you live near Greenville you can easily get a copy of the 1611. The Christian bookstore above Babys R Us has two in stock now. If not then I would be willing to mail you a CD-rom version that contains scans of a 1611 KJV. Just send me a PM and we can arrange this since I live in Laurens. I'm merely suggesting that you look at the first KJV and ask yourself some questions about why KJVOist today do not use the 1611 and claim that the KJV is perfect. I do not intend on offending you, I'm just making a suggestion. I have no intention to argue etc…

I have never told anyone not to use a KJV. I use a NASB (1995) in all my personal and church use. The perfect Word of the Most High is found in all faithful translations of the Bible.

In Christ,
    David

2. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

Here is just a thought, and I might have missed it, but...

If the KJV is "The Preserved Word of God for people who speak the English language" as they contend, why would it not be better to at least go back to the Greek Texts from which it was translated?!?!

Also, when we speak of going back to the "original" anyone who has had any Greek at all should know that we do not have the autographs (first copies) but that we have apographs (subsequent copies). All this talk of not having the "originals" seems to miss the fact that we do not have the "original" hand written notes from which the King's Publishers typeset the 1611 either!

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the English corrects the Greek.

Apparently the KJV translators didn't know this amazing piece of logic because after the archetype KJV manuscript disappeared they had to do just as you have said and go back to the original language texts to correct the English text.

HankD