1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Original Sin and Imputed Sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ReformedBaptist, Aug 22, 2007.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

You are right. But let's try to understand terms that the Bible uses and not that men use.

One thing I am learning in debating a Catholic friend (on the side) is that much human wisdom has been poured into the "earthen vessels." It is very hard to wash out the bad that has some good in it.

And both sides of these issues seem to be right at some points. I have acknowledged learning such from my Calvinist friends. They don't know they are friends but they are and have been very helpful to me in understanding belief vs. faith, the meaning of sin nature vs. sin guilt, the importance of a dispensational approach to scripture, etc.

But not Calvinism? Hmmm?? How do you think Catholics view your "error?" And biblicists every man-named "error" under the sun?

skypair

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

We have come to an understanding in my thread on DR. I await your apology before I will again enter a debate/controversy with you.