1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Original Sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Aug 18, 2016.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry James, but I don't see any problem with any of the scripture you quoted. None of these scriptures contradict my position

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Goodness sake, really? The above text is not dealing with the fall of mankind, or that no man is sinful until they actually sin, but with the fact that SINCE the fall, mankind is responsible for his sin committed in the body, and the reason man sins is because he is already sinful and fallen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my view the fall of man was complete - both material and immaterial (Soul, spirit).

This is why we must be born of the Spirit. Our spirits must be infused with eternal life from the Holy Spirit to allow the image of God to come through our being.

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed (Grk. metamorphoo) into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

HankD

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed.