1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Otherkin

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Sapper Woody, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Now, with same gender marriages being legal, and people applauded for realizing they were born with the wrong gender, I am honestly wondering if we have stepped on a slippery slope. I realize that the "slippery slope" argument is actually a logical fallacy, but I can't help but speculate.

People are being called crazy, paranoid, and other things for speculating that this move could lead to an acceptance of bestiality, also called zoophilia. To date, there is no federal law prohibiting this, but most (but not all) states have laws against it. Currently, if you tell someone that you love your dog, and mean it in a marital fashion, at the very least you'll be told that you're insane. But, the signs are pointing towards this not being the case anymore. In fact, there is a growing movement that has been around for a while that will help usher this in.

Enter "otherkin". Otherkin is a generic term used for anyone who believes that they are anything other than a human trapped in a human body. There are wolfkin, lionkin, angelkin, dragonkin, elfkin, and many, many more. These people believe that they are the victims of a phenomenon known as therianthropy, in which a person's consciousness/soul is in part, or as a whole, that of a non-human. They literally believe that they are something other than human, trapped in a human body. I'll post links at the end of this post to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Now, since it is perfectly acceptable to be a female trapped in a male body (culturally speaking, of course), we have laid down the precedent that it is possible that who we really are inside is not who we are on the outside. If it's possible that your consciousness is not properly matched up with your physical being gender-wise, then it's not a large jump to conclude that your consciousness may not match up with your physical being species-wise. After all, according to evolutionists, we are all descended from a common ancestor anyway. It could be that some of us have retained that animalistic nature in our core being.

Now, to the next step of the slippery slope. If I am a dog trapped in a man's body, then naturally my physical attraction would be to dogs. It's what my
    "true self" would long for. Just like the homosexuals of old, before it became socially acceptable, these "otherkin" could easily claim, "I've always had an attraction to this animal, but did not act on it because of social norms."

So, with the current social norms, I believe that it won't be too much longer before we see this kind of thing. Someone might even opt for an "interspecies change" operation. When I googled that to see if anyone had ever tried it, all I got was people making fun of transgenders.

What say you, board?

Links:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140215212451AAzNghv#
    http://dreamhart.org/2012/01/a-revised-otherkin-faq/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueOtherkin/comments/3ef3uk/how_do_i_know_if_im_otherkin/?
    http://justanotherkin.tumblr.com/

Disclaimer: I've looked at only the first page of those links. I didn't include a few more because of the content, but these included should be clean. But, follow at your own risk.

Edited to add something, but took it out.

#1 Sapper Woody, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
  2. targus

targus New Member

Sounds about right.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Otherkinity. My newly-learned word for today.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thought: Why stop with the organic?

[​IMG]

Absurd, I know.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks the purpose in this move toward Gay marriage is to blurr the lines of the Nuclear family. Once that is done then the control of the children gets put into question. From that point the state can take control and override parents and indoctrinate them as the state sees fit.

That is the intended end result.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is easy to laugh at because it is so immature and self-centered. In a way we can look back and see how things led up to "otherkin," SSM, and other foolishness. But I think we also need to remember that this stupidity is also evil. IMHO, as a nation we are overtly living out Romans 1:18-29 in a way that we have not before. It concerns me for my child (I imagine the confusion growing up today, as well as the difficulties dealing with this evil).