1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Our annual dissussion on Halloween

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In 3 weeks and 2 days it will be Halloween

1) will have candy to pass out to kids
    Do you include a Bible tract with the candy

2) Do you allow your kids to go trick or treating
    If you do, would you allow them to wear costume such as a ghost, the devil, ect

3) Does your church participate in a "Trunk or treat" event.

4) Does your church have a Halloween party
    If not do you sub with a "Fall Festive" type of event

5) if you work with kids for your job - and they have a Halloween party -
    do you ask to be absent from Said event?

6) Any other comments about this event.......

2. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We won't, our driveway is 1000ft long with a 33% grade and there's only 4 kids (not including mine) amongst the 20 or so houses in our little area.

No, but we do allow them to watch Harry Potter. We've come to the conclusion we're OK with fantasy if it stays fantasy, but once it turns into reality (costumes) then it's time to cut it out.
    No, but we do have a "Fall Festival". Folks bring food and I'll bring some turkeys or chickens and some of the gourds/pumpkins we grow and have a little fair.

I don't necessarily have a big issue with it so long as folks put more effort into celebrating the meaning of Christmas and Easter than you do putting out scary things for Halloween.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I happened to have drawn this just today...

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What it has become is problematic. The term "Holloween" is a corruption of Hollows eve meaning Holy evening. The evening before the Roman Catholic Hollows mass for their All Saints Day.

5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I don't, and I don't believe that Bible tracts really get the job done when it comes to getting God's word out, either.
    We believe that preaching His word is the means that God uses in order to spread the Gospel ( 1 Corinthians 1:21 ), and tracts are useful for those who have already believed on Christ.
    I don't have kids, but if I did, I would not allow them to go.
    We are committed to bringing up our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, which does not include such things.
    No.
    We don't really follow the times or the seasons ( Galatians 4:8-11 ), but we do agree that we can either decide to honor the Lord on a certain day, or not.

We agree with each other that "All Hallow's Eve" is something that preceded "All Saint's Day" in the Roman Catholic tradition ( which we were never part of and will never be a part of ), and that it has, over the centuries, taken on a sense of demonic influence and celebration.
    None that I can think of except this:

We believe that "Hallowe'en" is essentially one of the world's holidays and we have no obligation to be part of something that we are called out of.

What's more, it's especially one of the Satanists 's, Wiccan's and paganist's most revered holidays, if not the most revered and celebrated one throughout the year.
    It has its roots in Celtic and druidic ceremonies and practices such as Samhain, so we prefer not to honor it at all.

We also believe that if any holidays are to be observed by His people, they will be ones that the Lord Himself has instituted.

#5 Dave G, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do heaved a trunk or treat, last year had over 5000 kids and parents come out and get tracks to saw inside of our church and welcomed back, and several of them became saved and new members since last year!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We decided to redeem that day for Lord Jesus, and use it it as a means to witness in local community!

8. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I celebrate Reformation Day

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be every day!