1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Our faith is granted to us For the sake of Christ

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Scott Downey, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Philippians 1
    27 Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, 28 and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.

29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, 30 having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.

How can anyone deny faith is a gift reading that?
    Romans 8 says God predestined us to become like Christ so that Christ would have a family.
    It is not good that the man should be alone. So God gives to Christ His bride which is the church of believers.

29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Jesus also teaches the same things.

Hebrews 2
    Bringing Many Sons to Glory
    10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:

“I will declare Your name to My brethren;
    In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”

13 And again:

“I will put My trust in Him.”

And again:

Here am I and the children whom God has given Me.”

• Like Like x 1