1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Our Next Vice President - Senator Joe Biden

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 27, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    His speech was written better than he delivered it - being the new guy in the campaign and all. But Senator Biden absolutely shredded into pieces what little credibility that Senator McCain had in foreign policy.

Go Obama/Biden!!!! Down with McCain/???? !!!!

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Looking at the threads here, I guess the Politics Forum is where all the political liberals on the BB go! :laugh:

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are badly outnumbered in this forum but we manage to get a lick or two in from time to time. :)

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Ken,could we also say that Senator Biden has much more credibility than the head of his ticket in this very area?

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You think you Obama supporters are out numbered? Think of how I must feel, being one of the very few here still supporting the constitution and republic against these shameless globalists you all hope to put in office.

Again.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Senator Obama's judgment, as Senator Biden pointed out, has proven to be far superior to that of Senator McCain. I think that Senator Biden compliments quite well Senator Obama in this area, and is the principle reason that I will vote for Obama/Biden in the general election.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I thought he had a great speech and really set the stage for Obama. He did a great job pointing out how Obama, the so called inexperienced candidate has been more right than the experienced war vet. I believe he also showed us why Obama picked him for his wing man. Together they are a complete set.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question then arises ...They are a complete set of what?

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

Political liberal = abortion on demand, repeal of DOMA, homos*xual marriage.
    Everything God hates.
    How can christians vote so anti scripture and as a result anti God.

10. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Most liberals keep pointing out that our economy was better under a democrat, so it seems that personal gain and wealth is more important to them than standing up for scriptural morality.

They just throw scripture out the window when they think it will cost them money.

Another argument that I hear from them is that "we are electing a president and not a pastor"....that is hogwash. As christians we should stand up and defend God's word in all areas of our lives and not use excuses like this to support ungodly principles.

AJ

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Political conservative = saber-rattling, warmongering, favoring the wealthy-especially the super rich.

Things that go against the teaching of the New Testament.

How can Christians vote so anti-Scripture and, as a result, anti-God?

12. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Sorry Ken, but the things you cite are just your opinion of Republicans and not biblical doctrine.

Howerever the abortion and gay issues that the dems support are against biblical teaching.

AJ

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. They are the way that the Republicans have governed during the Bush administration. Only if one denies reality will he/she disagree.

It would be better for conservatives to be brutally honest and simply admit that they favor saber-rattling, warmongering, and favoring the rich.

BTW, I want abortion to be totally illegal - for any reason, I oppose homosexual marriage, and I oppose adoptions by non-married couples be they heterosexual or homosexual and will so vote on the proposition on the Arkansas ballot this election to ban such adoptions.

#13 KenH, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  14. targus

targus New Member

Then why in the world would you ever consider voting for a candidate who will fight with all he's got to insure abortion on demand no matter what the circumstances?

Do you believe that there is some other issue more important than protecting the unborn? Do you think that there is some greater good to be served that out weighs this horrific evil of killing the innocent?

Like Obama likes to remind everyone "the least among you". (What a pathetic joke it is to hear him mouth those words.)

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not that other issues are more important; however, there are a lot of other issues to be considered.

If Senator McCain chooses a pro-choice running mate will you vote for someone who is pro-choice to be vice president?

16. targus

targus New Member

What issues individually or even collectively justify the support of a radically pro-abortion politician? As President, Obama will be picking Supreme Court Judges. This could be a tipping point in the court that will determine the fate of millions of not as yet aborted babies over the next decade.

No, I would not vote for either candidate if McCain chooses a pro-abortion running mate.

Please, tell me which issues over ride the abortion issue for you?

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is not another issue that overrides abortion. The abortion issue goes in the pot of my consideration with all of the other issues.

18. targus

targus New Member

So for you then there is no particular moral imperative concerning the abortion issue?

No off-shore drilling and abortion are on an equal moral footing?
    Raising taxes on the wealthy and abortion are on an equal footing?
    Supposedly rehabilitating America's world image and abortion are on an equal footing?

What are the other morally equivalent issues in the pot?

19. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I have studied the NT for a few years and while my Greek admittedly needs some work, I am not sure of any place where the NT addresses "saber-rattling" or "warmongering." You would have to point that out. The only place it addresses favoring the rich is in James 2 where it talks about favoritism in the church. That, of course, has nothing to do with a nation's tax policy.

So I think, on this point, you are simply wrong. The NT does not say what you say it says. In fact, it doesn't even address this issue.

20. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

But it does address homosexuality and the fact that we should respect all life that God has created.

Like I have been saying, gay issues and abortion issues are covered by biblical principle, but war and taxes are simply opinions.

AJ