1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Our Secretary of State threatening Israels survival?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Thinkingstuff, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Chessic

Chessic New Member

I'm not sure if you mean to say leaving a foreign leader who has traveled across continents to meet with you, while in the middle of a conversation, to go to dinner without him is an example of a common diplomatic snub, but I believe this was rude, insulting, and an example of how little this administration values Israel as an ally. This wasn't just from Israel's pov; I think many others, such as myself, see it as an insult as well. If I were in the Israeli entourage, I'd be tempted to tell Mr. Obama that his services are no longer required in the upcoming peace process discussions.

Referring to the disagreements over settlements, I believe the remarks of Sct. Clinton, scolding Israel for wanting to build apartments in its own capitol are evidence of this administration not backing Israel. Imo, suggesting that Israel should not build settlements on its own territory is siding with and empowering its enemies in this case, since this is their position. I expect our government to support Israel in the territorial disputes with Palestinians the way I would expect Israel to support the U.S., or at least stay out of the fight, in our territorial disputes with Native-Americans and African-Americans that want land as reparation, especially if they organize and turn violent, as has happened in Israel's conflict.

About Jews in WWII, I was referring to the repeated denial of entry, protection, and succor of Jewish refugees, particularly those that attempted to enter U.S. territorial waters aboard overcrowded refugee ships and were turned away during the height of Nazi persecution. This and the refusal of the U.S. to enter the war until forced, despite knowledge of what Hitler was doing to the Jews, are two examples of U.S. failure to help the Jewish people in WWII.

#21 Chessic, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
  2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Other news sources seem to differ on the concept of a snub or humiliation, here is one for example.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134329

Sec Clinton seems have said nothing more than that if Israel wants to move in this direction they will have to do so without the support of the US. I think Israel is well able to do just that.

I would love to discuss more about the US and Jews in WWII - perhaps in another topic.