1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Our trip to Hiroshima: A blog entry from last August

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by asterisktom, Dec 17, 2021.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remembering Hiroshima

The photos can be selected for better views.

I am so thankful that we were able to go to so many countries in these recent years. Many of these trips we were able to make from China. The university where I worked gave us almost four months of paid vacation, two in summer, two in winter. Of course, with Covid and the accompanying paranoid restrictions, our traveling is not as free. Well, we are not suffering in Mexico. And we plan to go south when this visa expires. Our goal was Colombia but they changed their policy overnight so, hopefully, we still have our sights on Costa Rica and Panama.

Maybe one day travel will be freer again. Or maybe this is the new abnormal normal.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    During my lifetime, the USA has engaged in several Wars, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, and the far less blood bath engagements in the Middle East. Today, we can visit Germany, South Korea, Nam, and wonder what all the fuss was about.

In Japan the numbers vary widely, but somewhere between 100,000 and 150,000 are thought to have been killed by the use of Atomic Bombs. Another 150,000 to 250,000 are thought to have been killed in the Fire Bombing of Japan's other cities.

I think it was Mark Twain who observed that history seldom repeats itself, but it rhymes a lot.

As we drive around in our VW or Honda, it is hard to remember Hiroshima, but it is well worth the effort...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1