1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Dec 10, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

2. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

Where was any mention of outsourcing highways?

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Same old story where the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer. What really burns me up is the government giving tax incentives for "off shoring" I know it's good to help third world contries grow but not at the cost of the american worker and while wall street profits from it. There must be a better way.

Cost reductions vs. revenue growing = not good for the common man.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Another great post with which I am in total agreement.

God bless

Wayne

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It makes no sense for the government to give tax incentives for "off shoring" when the main reason for offshoring is lower labor cost. Period.

Giving tax incentives is like handing out a bonus.

6. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Having my job end up in Bangalore and barely making it in a lower paying job until retirement, I cannot discuss this one without extreme prejudice.

I do not have the citation handy -- it was a news article at least two years ago, I believe the software company was in Boston. The owner, to keep American jobs in America figured cost of creating labs in India vs hiring workers at the same projected cost in America, even though the salary was less than the going market. The jobs were filled and his greatest gain was immediate response to problems instead of a 24 to 48 hour turn around.

His was a small shop and he gave it personal consideration. Corporate American does not. There should be a corporate tax on jobs that leave America.

7. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I am whole-heartedly in favor of that!

We wouldn't even need a minimum wage if American jobs stayed in America.

They also need to do away with unfair taxes levelled against businesses that are headquartered here and employ Americans, especially equipment taxes.

For instance, my dad has been paying taxes yearly on a desk that he bought for $20 in the 1970's. Is that supposed to encourage small business? He ought to just put a bucnh of cardboard boxes together to form his office "furniture". They'd probably tax the cardboard too.

I think our goverment's outlook is, if it isn't taxed, it ought to be. What is it? Everything!

8. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

You might just be a Democrat afterall.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

They claim we do it to stimulate 3rd world economies which will make the world a better place all around. I don't mind helping but not at the cost of your own.

10. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

So how does this perspective fit in with the biblical command about the dignity of all human life and the necessity to help the poor?

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

And it encourages bad behavior - we should reward good behavior not bad.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

When they put God and country first, I might just be . . .