1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Over 100 Infected with Covid-19 After Worship Service at Baptist Church

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, May 25, 2020.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm healthy....well, not really but not so bad. I've taken this time to tile a couple of floors and work on the yard. I've gone fishing (fresh water a few times, surf fishing a few times), gone crabbing, been to the mountains a couple of times and to the beach several times.

For me this has been a good vacation (except for the tile part).

But my mother and aunt have health issues and are isolated. They venture out to pick up groceries they have called in. That's about it.

I agree that we need to get things going again. And I even agree the brakes were hit a little too hard.

What concerns me is reading thread after thread by Christians (not you and not necessarily here) who treat people like my mother as an acceptable loss.

Again, I know that is not you based on your character. And I pretty much agree with what you have said. We just have to think of those who are suffering. Some are being reasonable cautious, and perhaps some out of unreasonable fear and not knowing which "science" to believe. But they are suffering all the same.

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, I'm glad you're not accusing me of this. You won't find anyone more protective than me of those at risk. My dad's an octogenarian.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is still a very lot about this virus that we do not know.

Usually scientific research is conducted under rigorous standards and peer reviewed before it is published in a journal.
    In certain situations this process is laid aside when the urgency of a situation and the importance of the research is assessed as critical.
    Unfortunately, with this pandemic, a huge number of quasi-scientific articles have bypassed this screening and the press has published them with usually imaginative headlines. It makes a confusing array of “not-really scientific” data and much of it is untrustworthy and biased.

On top of this, statistical data from various sources is being re-examined and re-worked to provide more useful information. The public doesn’t understand how science works and is concerned when scientists correct themselves.

So I understand why many do not know who to trust anymore.

Rob

• Like Like x 1
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Over 100 Infected with Covid-19 After Worship Service at Baptist Church

you could have a mosquito bite and the globalist liars would count it as a COVID-19 infection.

5. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No problem. 99.99 % recovery rates. Don’t worry about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fair points, but they miss the main issue. It’s not mainly the media, it’s those supposedly in the know, Fauci being a prime example. When a scientist in charge speaks too confidently with only the potentially faulty information you described, that sets up a scenario for major distrust.

The WHO has lied and deceived, and far too many have based their analyses on what the Communist Chinese have “shared,” yet the Communist Chinese have lied, deceived, and been generally uncooperative from the outset, not to mention predatory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To the global elitist the general population is just so much flotsam and jetsam - expendable and at best - eugenic tools to bring about a desired social end.

if the LORD tarries we will get over it just as we have gotten over the horrible abomination of the slaughter of innocent babies by the millions on its way to billions.

statistically speaking the most dangerous environment for an unborn child is its mothers womb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In what other environment may unborn children be found?

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    strangled or poisoned on a table or ground up/cut up in a flesh blender in an abortuary.

• Winner Winner x 1