1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

P.O.D. turning Satanic!!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by JonathanDT, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Preacher Nathan Knight

Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

POD walks with Marilyn Manson(admitted satanist), Kid Rock, Howard Stern, Ozzy Osborne (admitted satanist), Bob Marely (Rasta, VooDoo, Iron Maiden (encourages young people to take the mark of the beast), etc.

how much more proof does one need?

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mike, do you have anything to say worthy of bandwidth?

3. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

As if you could ever be a judge on the value of other's statements.

4. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

What do you mean "walks with"? Do they accept or encourage the sin of these people or do they stand firm in their faith and present their lives a living testimony?Please share your expertise.

5. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Maybe an example of something they've done or said.

You are aware that the guys in POD were about five years old when Bob Marley died, aren't you?

You are aware that Ozzy Osbourne isn't really a Satanist, aren't you? When has he ever "admitted" such a thing?

When has Iron Maiden ever "encouraged young people to take the mark of the beast"?

Wow! Speaking of gullible.

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I assume you're just as outraged by the name calling that takes place on av1611.com?

8. Candide

Candide New Member

Where have Marilyn Manson and Ozzy Osbourne admitted being Satanists? Please provide a source to an actual quote.

9. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Definition of the children of the Devil:

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Spoken of Paul to Elymas the sorcerer:
    Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

10. Candide

Candide New Member

That wasn't what he said. He said they admitted being Satanists. I'd like to see that quote.

11. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Nope, not good enough. I want to hear it from YOU. YOU made the accusations, YOU back them up. What have YOU seen. What have YOU heard. Not some lies from av1611.com(They take quotes and twist them so far out of context it's embarassing as a Christian; Come to think of it, that entire website is an embarassment to Christianity). Something substantial. Show me what they SAID. Direct quotes. Give the reference. You want to claim that they talk like the world, then prove it dude. Show me what they DID. You want to claim the walk like the world, prove it. I'm not talking playing on tour with someone, that doesn't matter, Christ himself associated/traveled/hung out with sinners(Thanks God). Show me ACTIONS. They did <blank>. Fill in the blank.

I wrote a response to your last post, but then I figured it wasn't worth it since others had already covered it. So I will await your answer to this. God bless,
    `JD

12. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I don't know. We've been saying for a long time that we need more good Christian satire and av1611's bit about POD and rastafarianism may be the best Christian comedy since Issac Air Freight.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Post your evidence of this fantastic claim.

As much as you will hate to admit it, secondary sources are legitimate evidence. Your task is to descredit that evidence with better evidence of your own. That's how debate works. You don't get to summarily dismiss evidence simply because it doesn't convince you. You must work to build your case, too. That is if you want to be taken seriously. If you don't want to be taken seriously, then continue in your present course.

14. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

Let's try this again captain. Your task is to show that what you present is evidence. So far I haven't seen anything to suggest that it is.

Show me how (and I mean literally demonstrate) performing with worldly bands with the intention to reach them and their audience with the message of the Gospel makes P.O.D. worldly. It is YOUR task to prove this, not anyone else's.

Claiming that someone who professes faith in Christ isn't a Christian is no light charge. I know it's easy for you to do. I know it requires no effort on your part. I am pretty sure that you derive extreme pleasure from it. I am almost certain that you feel all the more righteous and accepted by God for it. However I know for a fact that you have no understanding of the levity and seriousness of the claims you make against others from the ease and comfort of your armchair.

Irony

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is your criteria for evaluating evidence? Hint: you don't get to make up your own criteria.

16. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

Since the major point of contention here is whether or not the members of P.O.D. are christian, the evidence needs to show that their actions and character are ungodly in order to suggest otherwise. Every attempt by you finger pointers to pass moral judgement has failed miserably, and you know it. It's no secret that you desperately want them not to be Christians, and I find that extremely repulsive. This fact is given away by your concerted effort to find anything at all that would condemn them.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the evidence from Watkins' site did not do that?

That was my point. Evidence has been posted, but instead of countering it with better evidence it has been summarily dismissed.

You don't have that privilege. Both sides must present evidence to substantiate their claims. There is no presumption of anything in a debate like this.

18. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

None of us have been given any evidence to even be dismissed! Wake up Aaron. You keep repeating the same excrement over and over. Nothing of what you guys have presented indicates that the members of P.O.D. are not Christians. Further more, none of you have even made the slightest attempt to demonstrate just how the nonesense you consider evidence should lead one to conclude that the members of P.O.D. aren't saved. Your witch hunt is a colossal failure. You don't get to burn anyone at the stake today. In other words, it's time to find a new object of your hatred.

You guys are the one's making the claim, not me or Jonathan, or Mike. The burden of proof is entirely on you. I know that you have a difficult time with this concept, but believe me, it's how debate works. You don't get to just say things like "They tour with Kid Rock and Marylin Manson. See I told tou they are unsaved!" You have to PROVE that their conduct and character are ungodly. Are you getting how this works yet? Do You see why the severity of your accusations require infinitely more proof than my position which by default must let God judge the heart?

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, it isn't excrement (though we all know what word was in your mind), and second, I see it's beginning to sink in. You tried to say that another thread was not a debate but a trial :rolleyes: in order to avoid having to actually work at defending your position.

20. Dualhunter

Dualhunter New Member

You expect people to take that site seriously?

[​IMG]