1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

P=Perseverance of the Saints

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by annie, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Michael Hobbs

Michael Hobbs New Member

I agree we must die daily to sin because of our flesh (Rom 7:18) but there is a part of us that, once saved, does not sin.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Since the Holy Spirit is "GOD the Holy Spirit", it should be obvious that everything true of God is true of God the Holy Spirit.

Man's salvation is a sure thing for those who have faith in God when they die from this natural life. Because Jesus, THE SON OF GOD, said in John 3:18 that believers are not judged but unbelievers are because of their unbelief.

Man has a very simple thing, man can gain faith and man can lose faith, but man has only one faith! There are many objects that man can have faith in, but still there is but one faith! If God, Jesus, or even the name of Jesus is an object of mans faith, while there may be many other objects of that same faith, the man with faith in God is Saved from the Second death through that faith in God.

Now if you can gain faith in anything then lose that faith in that same thing, it should be obvious to you that you can lose faith in God in the same manner that you lose faith in any other object of faith. The scriptures teach us how to retain our faith in God. Talk to God, Praise God in ALL that you do, remain steadfast in God's word, Tell others of God, and keep your eyes and heart up on God. That is how you keep faith in God, which by the way applies to all objects of faith! Just do not make any other object of faith pre-emminent in your life because that is "having another god before God" and God said, "Thou shalt have no other gods before ME!" Pretty straightforward wouldn't you say?

Well how then do you lose faith in God? Look at what it takes to keep faith and do just the opposite, and "poof" your faith is gone, and you will be judged and cast into the lake of fire, the 2nd death of Revelation 20:14,15.

Yes, you can resist God's grace, you can resist the Holy Spirit, and you can reject Jesus....but, you lose!

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

Love never fails. Love gives its all. Love is not a feeling it is an act of the will.
    Love commits itself to the object of it's choice. That commitment is total commitment when that love is real.
    The commitment is complete in God. That is, those He has set His love on, an everlasting love. An everlasting commitment to do the other good regardless of return. That's love. That is my faith.

What you have is not love but fear and an overwhelming trust in your own faith.
    That my Father, my Husband, my Lover and my Shepherd, my Redeemer and my Saviour, my Atoning Sacrifice and my, "John, John!" is all I have or ever want to have and that I do not depend on what I do to curry favour with my Lover but that my Lover loves me anyway. He takes me as I am.

That is the message I have. Not that I loved Him but that He loved me.

Since this love that God has for me is known to me then I would say that it would not only be me the loser but God Himself would be. The cross was bad enough but unrequited love would be far to much for Him to bear. Especially as you say He would send those He has an everlasting love for to Hell. Don't you understand love? It never fails. Philosophy does.

I trust in the death of Jesus Christ. My sins were dealt with the moment I came to Him and are not held over me as a weapon of fear. Even if I walk through the vally of the shadow of the second death I will fear no evil.

Then man becomes his own saviour. I thought we were saved by the death of Christ?

johnp.

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Michael Hobbs.

Thank you Michael, go and tell the Arminians that it is not about salvation. I'm a Calvinist.

BobRyan said, "Matt 18 - describes "Forgiveness revoked" - it ends with a most solemn warning about the "real" danger for us."

I was answering him.

When people do not believe Jesus died for their sins they live lives of fear of punishment.
    Of the lost that is not my concern. They have a justification for fear. My concern is to preach the word of God to those who will listen and teach other Christians what I know. I am here to put my faith to the test of my peers. My place here is to learn and to tell my brothers and sisters that they are loved with an everlasting love.
    Comfort for the people of God.

"Forgiveness revoked" Is of the Devil.

Ok?

johnp.

5. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

God's glory and grace lives in my heart through the Spirit; am I selfish? No. Plus, it does not detract from God by living in the lives of Christians. Salvation is all of grace.

If we as Christians think that we are participating in the act of our salvation, we are dead wrong. He has had mercy toward all, more especially to we who have believed. [Titus 3:5]

If Christians get too prideful and claim glory for themselves, He will step into our lives with discipline. [Leviticus 26:18 & Hebrews 12:5]

God is God and none of us can diminish His mighty power and Being. Do atheists, abortionists or Communists detract from His real Being? Believe it or not the mighty Lord who I love and serve can take care of Himself. A Calvinistic professor that I had taught me especially one thing that I never forgot and he was right. "He is not it and it is not He!" No one makes God less than He eternal was and will always be. [​IMG]