1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin claims Obama is pals with terrorist

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't see anything at that link having to do with Obama.

I am expecting the conservative bloggers to begin a full force attack on Obama credibility, relationships and beliefs. The only chance McCain has at this point is to play on peoples fear of Obama or another 9/11.

3. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

From the article taken from CNN:

Obama's Chicago, Illinois, home is in the same neighborhood as Bill Ayers, a founder of the radical Weather Underground, which was involved in several bombings in the early 1970s, including the Pentagon and the Capitol, and the two have met several times since Obama's 1995 campaign for a state Senate seat.

Palin cited an article in Saturday's New York Times about Obama's relationship with Ayers, now 63. But that article concluded that "the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.' "

Several other publications, including the Washington Post, Time magazine, the Chicago Sun-Times, The New Yorker and The New Republic, have debunked the idea that Obama and Ayers had a close relationship. Watch CNN's Truth Squad examine Palin claims »

Riot and bomb conspiracy charges against Ayers were dropped in 1974, and he is now a professor of education at the University of Illinois in Chicago.

Palin just makes herself look less like a viable candidate when she makes these kinds of ridiculous charges. I can't imagine anyone supporting this woman for Vice President of the United States but hey its a free country (or at least used to be).

5. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

And I cant imagine anyone, especially a christian, supporting someone for president that is pro-abortion and pro-gay.

AJ

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Gold,
    Thanks!
    The one time I didnt check the link.:tonofbricks:
    The link about the scores is one that I put into the sports forum.

Some say we conservatives have "begin a full force attack on Obama credibility, relationships and beliefs."

Well, all I can say is that the truth hurts.
    And by the way, I do not support McCain 100% There are issues I disagree with him.

But character does matter for Demcorats, Republicians and all third parties.

Salty

7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree and I believe there is nothing in this story that challenges Obama's character, but it does challenge the character of the McCain campaign.

#7 Gold Dragon, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fact Check basically said it is a lie, at least that was reported on CNN this morning. McCain and Palin are getting very despert it seems. No ethics.

#8 Crabtownboy, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008