1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin goes to Wal Mart

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by North Carolina Tentmaker, Oct 16, 2008.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

My goodness, you can't even go to WalMart without some liberal accusing you of pulling a political stunt. Everyone knows liberals hate Walmart simply because it want go union. Personally I think its smart on WalMart's part. It will be a great day in our country when unions get out of the rear *** of the democratic party and actually concern themselves with the workers that they are supposedly representing.

Unions share a large part of the blame for jobs moving over seas. They demand unrealistic wages and benefits, compartmentalize jobs, and create a hostile work environment. But, they can't see past their political noses. Instead of fixing the problem by correcting their mistakes they simply want to blame Bush.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I shop at Wal-Mart at least once a week.

Sarah Palin, however, has staffers to take care of menial details. Going into Wal-Mart as a VP candidate is not something that you can accomplish with minimal effort.

This situation is just like a politician visiting a local bakery to buy a donut. They do it for political reasons, and that's ok.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since no real intellectually honest information has been offered to indicate a political stunt has been perpetrated on the American people we can move on.

4. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perpetrated? It's not like it's a crime. There is nothing wrong with a political stunt, especially on such a benign issue.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, she can do a WalMart tour for all I care. This is a non-issue to me.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

According to your earlier post a bad person shops Wal Mart and not Target, and buys off brand diapers and not twice as expensive name brand diapers. Anyone who buys cheap diapers at WalMart isn't good enough. To be good enough to the liberal democrats, as you have demonstrated, one must only shop expensive stores and only buy name brand. Anythng less is just unacceptable.

7. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you are confusing me with another poster. I never said that bad people shop Wal-Mart. I shop Wal-Mart on a weekly basis. I also shop Target regularly.

Buying diapers isn't a matter of being "good enough." However, Sarah Palin's family income is well within the range of even the most expensive diapers. If you have to buy the off brand diapers, then that's the only choice you can make. My wife and I do not buy the off brand diapers because we have seen how often the Parent's Choice diapers leak. (She used to work in a daycare.) We do not buy the most expensive diapers out there, nor could we afford to do so. Sarah Palin, however, makes far, far, far more money than I do.

For the record, when I do buy diapers, I usually buy them from Wal-Mart.

I highly doubt that you would say what you said if you knew me. I probably spend more money at Wal-Mart than at any other place. I regularly wear a pair of shoes I bought at Payless. I don't have a hefty income.

I do not think Sarah Palin is a bad person. I don't even have a problem with her making a campaign stop at a local Wal-Mart. I just don't believe that she made a quick stop in a Wal-Mart only to get some diapers. The logistics of security prevent such trips from being quick or easy.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Only the rich ones or the really stupid ones.:laugh: