1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin has NO credentials to be VP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really see this ending, or even slowing down, under Obama/Biden?

I looked over a plan from Obama, dated last year (2007); in it, he outlined using $50 billion towards HIV/AIDS worldwide; not a mention of using that money towards your mother's medical.
    He mentioned $2 billion toward a global education fund; perhaps it was my public-school trained reading comprehension, but I didn't see anything about improving our own education system.
    He also proposed 65,000 more soldiers and 27,000 more Marines; and he endorsed sending more troops to Afghanistan. He may be for ending the "war in Iraq," but he's advocating more military to continue the conflict against terrorism.

(this is the link this information was taken from: www.foreignaffairs.org/20070701faessay86401/barack-obama/renewing-american-leadership.html?mode=print)

HOWEVER, if there's a more recent link to a different economic plan, I'd be more than happy/willing to look that over...with the understanding that if there is actually a more recent, different plan, well, can anyone explain why he has a newer, different plan? And any guesses on how often it will change?

BTW: I don't think McCain's any better; with McCain and Obama, you're really just getting more of the same. But I'm not sure Baldwin's the right man for the job, either; I'd love to see someone do a comparison on all the major issues between these three.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs:

That's a cool avatar you have there, dragonfly. :)

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir, I would appreciate you clarifying whether you just stated that "American World Supremacy madness" is responsible for murdering hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis. Perhaps it's my reading comprehension, but it almost sounds as if you're saying that Americans have murdered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

4. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

From what I understand from the reports that I have read, there have been far fewer innocent Iraqis killed since we've been there, then were killed by Hussein before we went in.

AJ

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This is one of the reasons we went in. Saddam murdered these hundreds of thousand because no one would stand up to stop him.

And it takes no credentials to be vice-president.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Right on all the above...

He feels the terrorist are in Afghanistan so why are we in Iraq. I hope I'm wrong but I think the next president will have to think about the draft because the military is tired and stretched.

He also didn't address schools in this nation except to say we have some of the best. I guess I didn't have education high on my list.

He does plan to look into health care. one problem I have is Illegal immigrants have priority over citizens. I also read where close to 60% of the money collected for Medicare goes to administration. I really hope he can get that down to a reasonable amount instead of cutting the benefits... He says he will try.

7. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

That is a false claim aimed at getting people to side with you based upon emotion. As I have pointed out to you time and again the just cause for returning to a state of hostility between the US and Iraq is the fact that Saddam's Iraq broke the 1991 Cease-fire Agreement between the US and Iraq. The President made his case to the US Congress and they passed a resolution authorizing him as Commander-in-Chief to return to Iraq with military force. The US Congress is the sole authority for authorizing the use of the US military for such purposes.

Are you seriously suggesting that US military forces have intentionally murdered Iraqi civilians?

#27 Bible-boy, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny.

When he was in control of millions of dollars to be doled out for education in Chicage, he gave most of it to organizations promoting an ethnic agenda, rather than an educational one.

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the source of this information?

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Annenberg Foundation records.

Chosen to receive a grant:
    The South Shore African Village Collaborative for their "Celebrate African-American Holiday of Juneteenth"

Turned down to receive a grant:
    *The Chicago Algebra Project: goal to increase student achievement

*The District 5 Math Initiative: goal to aid Hispanic students in the process of learning English, to further learn math and science.

#30 carpro, Sep 1, 2008
  11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You still gave no references.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Isn't there a Marine being tried in civilian court for this?

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he was aquitted

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Similar to Lt Kelly in Vietnam but it doesn't change what happened...

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is simply amazing the wilingness to prosecute innocent military personel.

16. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

How can a Christian support continued unjust murder babies in the womb? Millions upon millions of innocent babies MURDERED who will never have the chance to become women or children.

Obama is pro-choice. In other words. he doesn't give a flip about the unborn. That is what some Christians will support by voting for the guy.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You mean like Lt. Kelly?

Hey, don't get me wrong, we take an 18 year old kid out of High School, put a gun in his hands and tell him anyone not in your uniform should be suspect. After seeing your buddies die or get wounded one ofter the other they all begin to look even more suspect. I blame us for putting our 18 year old in that situation and not the 18 year old for how he dealt with the cards he was given.

#37 LeBuick, Sep 1, 2008
  18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The implication was that American soldiers have murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis; are you actually advocating this, too?

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Read this post I made also.

Hey, don't get me wrong, we take an 18 year old kid out of High School, put a gun in his hands and tell him anyone not in your uniform should be suspect. After seeing your buddies die or get wounded one ofter the other they all begin to look even more suspect. I blame us for putting our 18 year old in that situation and not the 18 year old for how he dealt with the cards he was given.

Forget about the patriotic country stuff, soldiers are there for their buddy in the foxhole next to them. That buddy who shares this experience becomes closer than family. I won't put a number to it but in every war this happens even if it's shooting prisoners.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you believe that Americans have murdered hundreds of thousands?