1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin Is Right

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Aug 12, 2009.

1. alatide

alatide New Member

When did you make this up? Or do you have a legitimate source?

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yoo hoo! alatide (or JC, or Freedom, or whoever are/were)!

Look at post #70 and answer the question please.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

To me, the most dangerous part of the bill was this section.

I am especially suspicious of section III where it speaks of training health care professionals about the "goals and use of orders for life sustaining treatment".

And then you read section IV and it says the training will be "guided by a coalition of stakeholders". And notice who the stakeholders are.

Well, what do you think their goals will be? I imagine their goals will to make as much profit as possible. Or to insure as small a loss as possible.

So, think about that. You may be admitted for a health issue. The doctors have the technology to keep you alive, perhaps for many years, but the treatment will be expensive.

But these doctors are going to be trained to conserve as much as possible. They might actually be trained to convince a person that they should end their life, even though the person might be kept alive for some time.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I would not bet that the guidance of those in section IV will be concerned about me or my family, but more concerned about limiting loss or expense.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Section IV sounds an awful lot like a death board!

a coalition of stakeholders includes representatives from emergency medical services, emergency department physicians or nurses, state long-term care association, state medical association, state surveyors, agency responsible for senior services, state department of health, state hospital association, home health association, state bar association, and state hospice association.

All they need is someone from the state undertakers association.