1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin Makes Dems Cry "Uncle" On Death Panels

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Nice dodge.

I would at least expect a "reverend" to tell the truth. I guess this isn't always the case.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another dodge. You make the accusation through the article you post. It says "death panel," so it is your responsibility to show where in the bill the words are used. Of course you can't and thus you are simply spreading the fear mongering and misinformation.

Show us specifically where in the bill it says, "death panel." You can't, thus you are being untruthful as is the article. Not honest or ethical for a "reverent."

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you really that dense?

4. targus

targus New Member

Show us specifically where in the OP or the article it says, "the words death panel are used in the bill."

You can't, thus you are being untruthful as you are accusing others of being.

Not honest or ethical for a Christian.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

An ethical would not tell me, who has read the bill and found nothing remotely resembling a "death panel", that I am a liberal. Conservatives are supposed to stand in favor of objective truth. Yet, when I find that the nothing resembling a "death panel" exists in the bill, I'm called a liberal. Go figure.

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, an admission that you do not tell the truth. Amazing.

7. targus

targus New Member

How exactly do you translate the words, "are you really that dense" into an admission that someone is not telling the truth?

What is amazing to me is how you can believe that you occupy the moral high ground on any issue after knowingly voting for the abortion supporter/promoter that you helped to put in an office where he can be sure to see that as many unborn innocents are murdered as he possibly can.

8. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, did you not read the response he was responding to?

Rev responded:

Seems an admission to me.

#28 Crabtownboy, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  9. Walguy

Walguy Member

Please re-read my post (or maybe read it carefully for the first time). I specifically said that those words are not used in the bill. I also specifically said that the issue isn't what words are used, but how the words can be applied. The Bill of Rights says nothing about abortion, but your side found a 'right' to legal abortion in it. Is it such a stretch to think that liberals who have no respect for one end of life will be willing to sacrifice people at the other end when there are not enough doctors and dollars to go around and decisions must be made about who gets what? Since so much health care resources are used by those near the end of their lives, that would be the most efficient place to cut. The fact that the words 'death panel' do not appear in the bill does not in any way preclude something that functions as a 'death panel' from coming into existence. If you can't grasp that, at least don't keep making posts mindless chanting "The bill doesn't say 'death panel'" as if that was a clever and relevant point. Start addressing the complexities of the situation, and stop displaying an extremely simplistic level of thinking that only makes you look foolish.

10. targus

targus New Member

A careful and thoughtful reader would have understood that Rev was referring to the responder's inability to see the answer to his question is contained in post #5.

Given the qualifiers which have stated above I am able to understand why you would not take that reference from Rev's prior post.

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not in that reply. He should be more careful and clear in his meaning. Actually post number 5 is not an answer but a dodge.

12. targus

targus New Member

Yes, thank you for confirming my prior opinion...

"Given the qualifiers which have stated above I am able to understand why you would not take that reference from Rev's prior post.

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Even democrats are not that stupid. They simply do a poor job of camouflage.

14. OldRegular

Even democrats are not that stupid. They simply do a poor job of camouflage.

15. OldRegular

Why don't you use your tremendous wealth to start a foundation of democrats to aid these folks. I am sure that Obama would make a generous contribution.

16. OldRegular

You may think you speak with authority but you are apparently ignorant of the way DC works. As I said earlier in response to your assertion: "Even democrats are not that stupid. They simply do a poor job of camouflage."

The bill deduces Medicare by $500 billion over the next 10 years which means that some doctors will limit the number of Medicare patients they see which automatically means rationing and the democrat/marxist can claim innocence.

17. targus

targus New Member

Add to that the 30% increase in the number of persons that will be participating in the Medicare system over the next 10 years.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I wasn't addressing how DC works. I was addressing the content of this bill. There is no language in the bill that remotely resembles a "death panel" as described by Palin.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can say it until your blue in the face. But none of it will change facts. Given Obama's history and his long term agenda as well as his advisers it is reasonable to see a concern here. Now if you want to refute Palin's assertion point by point it may add to your credibility on this position. Up til now no one has addressed anything specifically Palin said.

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You're right. It doesn't change the facts. The fact is there is no language in the bill that remotely resembles a "death panel" as described by Palin.