1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Palin Mocked in 2008 for Warning Putin May Invade Ukraine if Obama Elected

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 28, 2014.

1. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is it that obvious?

Maybe settling for the lesser of two evils isn't progress.

Check Romney's track record. He morphed into the centerist Republican, from the left, so that he could run.
    He ran a weak campaign.
    People don't trust him.
    People don't trust Cults.

If They would've run Sarah, I wouldnt have had any moral dilemna.

Barry the Commie isn't in charge.
    He's a front man, with squash for brains.
    Soros, Axelrod, Emmanuel...

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bologna! The only thing she is a victim of is her own mouth. Instead of crying like a whiny baby about how conservatives are treated, put up better candidates who don't look ridiculous when asked what books they read.

I acknowledged her, remember, like a blind squirrel finding a nut. Doesn't change things

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends on the Mormon. Romney was even more of a big government progressive than Bush.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

And if you and four million other Republicans hadn't stayed home sitting on your voting hand, they wouldn't be in power. How it is you haven't figured that out yet?
    And yet again, the alternative is the communist we got. How's that "better"?

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Books she read? Really, When you are looking for something to criticize because you do not like her politics then I suppose that is what one comes up with. You are welcome of course to believe about her what you will. What is clear is that she as well as Romney would have to have a clear understanding of international policy in order to have made this prediction. She was right about the Ukraine, she was right about Putin, and she was right about Obama and how Putin would view him. That is not just one single acorn. That is a whole lot of understanding. Hated is blinding.

#25 Revmitchell, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, it's her it's her and her antics I don't like.

Being "right" on Putin wasn't very hard, he as been a cause for concern for some time now as has the Ukraine.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She has had no "antics". Anyway just in this one event she was right about far more than just one thing. And that takes some expertise and understanding. Downplaying it does not make you anymore right about here.

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

Let's be honest. She's a Republican. You've bought into what the media says about her, which is totally bogus and originated in DNC hate plots against her. That's why you don't like her. Hillary is far more a loose cannon, likely to make dumb decisions, far more likely to be arrogant and caustic, thus damaging her efforts to get something done that may desperately need to be done. But she's a Democrat. So you aren't concerned. You should be. Hillary is dangerous.

9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um, I'm a registered Republican and not in anyway, a fan of Hilary Clinton. I also lived in Alaska for four years and was familiar with Palin before her rise to national attention. So nice try, but wrong. She may be a darling to some but not me.

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

Funny. You're the first Alaskan I've run across who doesn't like Palin -- other than the Democrats, that is.

11. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Need to meet more Alaskans. For the record I lived in Alaska, I'm a Texan, born and bred.

12. thisnumbersdisconnected

I know more Alaskans than you do, probably. I stand by my post.

13. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no practical difference between the two. To borrow a line Glenn Beck used about McCain vs Obama, "the only difference between the two is that one wants to take us to Hell in a horse and buggy, while the other wants to take us to Hell in a rocket ship".

14. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your funny, thinking you know what and who I know, make me laugh.

15. thisnumbersdisconnected

Good. Glad you could enjoy the moment.

16. thisnumbersdisconnected

Romney and The Little Marxist Dictator?? You're serious? Let's see ...

• The LMD repealed the Bush tax cuts for everyone making over $250,000; Romney wanted to make all those cuts permanent.
    • The LMD authored the ACA; Romney had a similar plan passed in Massachusetts, but it didn't raise taxes and Romeny said it wasn't appropriate for a national healthcare plan, it being too unwieldy on that scale. He favored Bush's healthcare savings accounts with tax credits for contributions to them, and leaving the private marketplace alone.
    • The LMD supports blanket amnesty and legalization for all illegal immigrants, as well as providing educational benefits and welfare for illegals; Romeny favored making English the official language of the U.S. and "turning off the magents encouraging illegal immigration," such as welfare and educational benefits eligibility.
    • The LMD favors "diplomatic efforts" with Iran (despite the fact we have no diplomatic relations with them, and they are fanatics who don't listen to western reason); Romney believes in ever-tightening economic sanctions until they cry "uncle" and would not take military options off the table.
    • The LMD supports cap-and-trade, the Kyoto treaty, and is stalling the Keystone Pipeline; Romney opposes the first two and would approve the third, and does not believe "climate change" or "global warming" or whatever they're calling it these days is valid science.
    • The LMD favors gay marriage and repealed "Don't ask, don't tell"; Romney opposed gay marriage and favor DADT.
    The real issue is how they would govern. While Romney appears to be a so-called "progressive conservative" who does little to curb spending, he has respect for the Constitution and the checks-and-balances of power. It is far easier to vote in a conservative Congress than it is a truly conservative president. Obviously the LMD doesn't. Leaving the LMD in office until 2016 probably endangers the continued rule of law of the Constitution. Had Romney been elected, there would be no question that elections would be held in 2016. I have a remote doubt that grows closer every day that the LMD will allow elections in 2016, particularly if he loses the off-years in November.

#36 thisnumbersdisconnected, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  17. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, and many of us view him as a step in the wrong direction.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Cheer up guys either way the bankers win. :thumbs:

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No way around it.

Hate her if your wish. she was still right.

I have serious doubts about the intellectual capabilities of anyone that could not see most of what was coming in an Obama presidency.

Few predictions were as specific as Palins and...she was right. Get over it.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I bet she read The Grand Chess Board!