1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paradigm Shift

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Ehud, Mar 7, 2008.

1. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. I have a Bible. I read it regularly. I am quite familiar with all these verses.

2. I don't see the words "band" or "instrumental ensemble" or anything like that in these verses. If it is your OPINION that these things are ungodly, then avoid them at all costs! But, your OPINION is not the same thing as the Word of God.

3. No, God is not amused by silliness, but He does receive our worship, even if a band plays the music.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Oh, yeah...these verses specifically deal with version choice. :rolleyes:

Here. Now, I'll trot out a verse that deals with the Christian response to gambling:

Moral of the story: Just because you quote Scripture, that doesn't mean it has anything to do with the subject you say it does.

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, I was not the one who brought any mention of KJV into this thread, which is actually a second "paradigm shift". (Nor did I comment, in any way, on Rick Warren, either, BTW.)

You asked the question of "Where is this stuff taught?"

If one is honest who claims to believe in 'KJVO', as I believe you do, then my previous post is a logical end of this teaching. "Only" means no others, not one gets to "pick and choose" which other versions one wants to keep. There is at least one individual who is regularly mentioned, on this board here, who teaches that the KJV contains 'advanced revelation', meaning any and all that came before (or after) are not completed, or are not accurate. There is more than one individual who post on this board who claimed, in a poll, to have always been KJVO. There are individuals who posts on this board who claim to be a "KJV-1611" type that I am relatively sure have never even seen a reproduction of a 1611 edition, much less had 'the genuine 1611 article' in a hard-copy in his or her hand. Have you ever held one in your hand? The 1769 editions or other editions do not count, as regards this question, BTW, only the "1611". I haven't held a 'genuine' 1611. And I have held and used more KJVs than I could possibly count, in my lifetime, owned and do own several, yet not one of them had been a 1611, and in fact, every one except for three KJV "Scofield" editions has been a "stolen 'counterfeit'" 'KJV' edition, as they were published in the United States, without any permission of the church of England and the English crown, who still own all rights to the version.

So, I am not trying to "disprove" anything per se, whether or not I happen to like it, but rather, "discerning truth", and then as you yourself claim, merely attempting to put a little "TRUTH IN ACTION..."

[Edited, by me]

Ed

#23 EdSutton, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2008
  4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Deleted post, but it does help raise my 'post count'.

#24 EdSutton, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2008
  5. Ehud

Ehud New Member

Rbell
    I think you jumped into the middle of a post. We were not talking about versions but Pastors who are worldly like R_ _ K W _ rr_N. Singing Purple Haze from the pulpit and other silly stuff.

Someone actually said (SBC preacher) the Bible is silent on this matter:laugh:

He must have gone to the same school Rosie Odonald went to.

Follow the Post next time.

EHUD The Doctor of Truth

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

You did a "Bible a year" slam; then quoted Scripture. Your posts still are complete non-sequiturs

Follow my point next time.

7. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Show me one verse where God expressly forbids "worship bands" or "instrumental ensembles" to provide the music for His people to worship Him, i.e. "thou shalt not use the band in My worship." Show me one verse that expressly states that God only accepts worship when accompanied by a piano and organ, i.e. "Thou shalt only use my sanctified instruments - the piano and organ." Not verses that you have incorrectly interpreted to say what you want them to say, but verses that actually address the issue.

2. As far as I can tell, I've never been to school with Rosie O'Donnell (you might want to learn how to spell people's names if you're going to use them). I pretty sure she's never been to seminary. If you choose to hold her up as some kind of theologian, so be it, but your insult comes off as childish.

3. "EHUD The Doctor of Truth." Although there is much that could be said, I'll leave this one alone.