1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Past the Movie what are you doing for the LORD these day's

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Servent, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Servent

Servent Member

We are in or 5 week of the faith sunday school evangilism training, It is just awsome we have 10 teams that go out and visit on sunday afternoon, so far we have seen 8 people come to Christ and 2 of these familys have joined the church.
    So what's happing in your church these day's.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Got a youth revival going this week---3 professions of faith!!!

3. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

I'm leading a bible study group on Wednesday evenings at my church.

4. Charlesga

Charlesga New Member

Amen, blackbird. Hope the good news continues during the revival.

What I'm trying to doing for the Lord is probably irrelevant. What He is doing through and in me, now that is something I can discuss.

We have placed an emphasis on service in our church. Finding a place for everyone to serve that matches their apptitudes, abilities, and passions. The Lord continues to add weekly. He is faithful.

Charles

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'm not doing anyting 'for' the Lord, but I am working 'with' Him in building a women's ministry.

6. Servent

Servent Member

Then you are doing something for Him and with Him.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I've got several youth to baptize now---BUT---baptismal pool water heater is "on the blink"---not heating the water like I want it to----I get in and the water is to my midsection---cold enough to "suck the air" out of my lungs---- :eek: imagine the souls being dunked all the way under!!--double :eek: :eek:

8. Revelator

Revelator New Member

Well my church just started a jail ministry, fifteen souls have been saved. Past that in the last year about forty have been saved just in church alone, including our local sherrif.Its amazing what unction, and prayer and fasting will do...

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are getting ready for our mission conference the end of March. We support one family 100% and working on it for the other (both from our church - one is missionary to Western China after many years in Korea and the other is a missionary to Mormons).

Hope to raise $30k in giving - none of the pledge business (or faith promise, which is pledge to ifb'ers) but real giving. That's another subject.

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Remember I said that three youth were saved in our Youth Revival?? Well, they all made professions of faith this morning---and we will baptise them next Sunday---which leads to the other exciting thing---we've had trouble with our baptistry water heater/pump----its not been warming the water like I(Blackbird the :cool: [​IMG] ) likes it---I want it to remind me of a Jacuzzi/whirlpool bath they have at all the sports complexes around!!! :D [​IMG] We worked on it this weekend and believe we have the problem solved!! We HAVE baptized in a local creek in the middle of April---ever get baptized in "ice water" before???

11. Revelator

Revelator New Member

Two more got saved at the jail tonight. Praise God!!!

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I use to preach at a prison in west Mississippi until I moved too far away---115 miles one way from my house to the prison now---anyway, myself and several preacher buddies would go every Thursday nite-----

once, we went and a preacher wanted to show some projection slides of his recent mission trip to Venezuela to the group of prisoners(he had taken some pictures of one of the "local" Venezuelaian prisons(a hole in the wall)---and wanted to let the prisoners see it----

Upon viewing the slide of the "Jail"---(roughly the size of Mayberry's)---one of the prisoners blurted out real loud--

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEE! I LIKE IT----RIGHT WHERE I'M AT!!!!!"

I got a big "kick" out of it, anyway!! Guess you had to have been there!!

Brother David