1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor called out my landlord.

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Nicolaus Mourer, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Nicolaus Mourer

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny story I wanted to share; didn't know where else to post it on the forums.

So yesterday at the evening service of church, the pastor preached a sermon called "Home-made Religion" which was basically an expose of Christianity that isn't church-based, but rather, home-based; that is, those that are saved but don't go to church, and receive most of their principles and doctrines from sources other than a single church. He went on to explain how this led to a mediocre Christian life-style and how it led to mediocre doctrine, and how, actually, it was going against the idea of "forsake not the assembling of yourselves together as the manner of some is," etc. The pastor used Judges 17 about Micah as his proof-text, using Micah as an example of someone who built his own religion according to his own desires.

Anyway, pastor mentioned in his sermon that he was preaching on this subject because, while out visiting and soulwinning the day before, he came across a fellow that said he did not attend a church regularly, but rather was apart of a "youtube church." This obviously upset the pastor and as a result, made an entire sermon about it. Well, just after the service was over, a friend of mine from the church mentioned that the pastor had gone to my house the previous day to visit us and check on our family; we weren't home at the time, and I was at school. Anyway, this same friend mentioned that the pastor instead came up and knocked on my landlord's door, who is my immediate neighbor and also a close friend of mine. My landlord doesn't attend church regularly and I knew that, but I also knew that he was saved; I never pressed the issue about church seeing as how I figured the Lord would work on his heart about it (and He has).

Anyway, I approached the pastor after the service to shake his hand and we started talking about how he came the previous day; and he mentioned that the person that told him about the "youtube church" was my landlord, and said that it irked him to the point of making a sermon on it. I thought it was great, and told him I'm glad he didn't hold back any punches. I also told him that I'm glad my landlord didn't come visit the church that service like he said he was going to... that would have been awkward. xD

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1