1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pastor disqualifies himself over Trump

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would say political views are an evidence we should look at and take into account. For some reason, we want to exempt all political opinion as insignificant and irrelevant. 'One shouldn't sin, but can vote for sinful things all they want.' Why? Because the church must be apolitical.

But why? The church never used to think like this. It's a modern phenomenon.

Should Christians have been apolitical during the abolition debate?

Leftism is a very evil movement making its way into the Church. It's often under the guise of "social justice" and Christians are falling for it, either turning a blind eye, or even embracing it. Does Jesus really want us to ignore this fruit?

#21 Calminian, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is neither illegal nor deceptive. I do wish the baby butchers would die of cancer, but that's another discussion.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Such statements are shameful and causes damage to the cause of Christ in the world. They are also contrary to scripture.

Peace to you

4. Calminian

Site Supporter

Just curious, do you think RGB's stance on abortion is shameful and damaging to the cause of Christ in the world?

In case you're not aware of the numbers, 60 mil since RvW (just in America)—10x the holocaust.

5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Political views are evidence of what? You want to take them into account to what end? If you judge your brothers and sisters in Christ based on politics, it is shameful.

Peace to you

6. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    To pray for her death is contrary to scripture and shameful. How is that different from non-Christians? We are called to be different from the world. We are instructed to pray for such people, that God would send Holy Spirit to change their hearts and minds.

By wishing/praying for someone to die is to embrace the world, not Jesus and His teachings.

Peace to you

7. Calminian

Site Supporter

In examining fruit, especially in regard to christian leaders. Jesus specifically said you'll know them by their fruits. Jesus and the NT writers continually warned us to beware of false teachers.

If someone is pro-legalized-abortion (60 million murders and counting), that is a spiritual indicator and should be a red flag to anyone paying attention. I can't imagine this would not bother any discerning Christian.

Sorry, Jesus never said this. He commanded us to judges ourselves first, so we could see clearly and rightly judge others. Mat. 7:5. Yes, we need to be very careful and judge rightly, but the idea we never judge the fruit of anyone goes against his teachers and the teachings of his disciples.

In fact, your above post is a judgment. Are you violating Jesus' command with that post? Why are you allowed to judge but I'm not?

8. Calminian

Site Supporter

I think the more appropriate prayer is that she cease from the evil she's enabling and start protecting unborn babies.

But you're refusing to answer my question: ...do you think RGB's stance on abortion is shameful and damaging to the cause of Christ in the world?

Any reason why you're dodging this question? You're willing to cast shame on many others.

9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Judging false teachers refers to the things of Christ, of God, of theology. I'm judging your comments about wishing evil (death by cancer) on people you disagree with politically. That is shameful and contrary to the teachings of Christ.

Of course abortion is evil. Your wishing evil upon people who support abortion is shameful and harmful to the cause of Christ.

Peace to you

10. Calminian

Site Supporter

Okay, so you justify your judging while condemning the judging of others. Not sure why you don' see the contradiction in this, but it's very blatant. It's impossible to shame the judging of others if you're truly against judging.

And Jesus told us how to recognize false teachers. We examine their fruit.

Matt. 7:15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.b 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.​

I see no reason to exclude political views from this.

And excuse me, but can you quote where I said anything about wishing death on anyone? Are you bearing false witness against me?

11. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine, pray she cease from evil and change her view of abortion.

Don't repay evil with evil by using the same lips to pray for life and to pray for death. Be better than the world.

Peace to you

12. Calminian

Site Supporter

Nor do I. Can you quote where I said any such thing? Are you bearing false witness against me?

And you're still dodging my RGB question.

13. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize. You didn't say it and I have agreed abortion is evil, and Christians that support it bring shame to the cause if Christ in the world, as do those who claim Christ and pray for evil (death by cancer) to those who support abortion.

Peace to you

14. Calminian

Site Supporter

Fair enough but are you willing to say RGB, specifically, is doing evil?

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please do not derail my thread

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you stated, who are we to judge those outside the church?

Peace to you.

17. Calminian

Site Supporter

If you feel I'm derailing it, no problem. I thought I was actually contributing (albeit disagreeing with you).

18. Calminian

Site Supporter

I did not state this either. But apparently, I'm off topic according to the OP, so we'll have to discuss somewhere else.

19. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An Apology to Some Evangelicals July 2019 [LINK]

First, I ask your forgiveness for writing out of fear and anger at times.
    Second, I ask your forgiveness for writing in ways that were sometimes indiscriminate.
    Third, I ask your forgiveness for sometimes writing before I had sufficient details to comment effectively.
    Fourth, I apologize for my sometimes dismissive, disregarding, rude, impatient and harsh tone on social media.
    Fifth, I apologize for any ways I have misrepresented anyone’s motives, comments, or positions.
    Sixth, I want to ask your forgiveness for acting out of hopelessness.
    Finally, I ask your forgiveness for offering this apology and seeking your forgiveness in so tardy a fashion.​

Pastors are people, people have weaknesses.
    If I want a perfect pastor, one that doesn't make mistakes, I'd be changing churches every week.

I want a pastor that speaks with bold confidence, yet is humble.
    I want a pastor that listens to others, yet is firm in his convictions.
    I want a pastor that boldly convicts others to turn from their sins, but doesn't push me too hard to change mine. :Whistling

Pastor Anyabwile is a complex man. I don't agree with some of what he writes but it is worth listening to another view point, spoken from a different cultural position.

Rob

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Seeing the wicked perish is not contrary to scripture. Ever read any of David's prayers?