1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor Earns White Castle Cravers Hall of Fame Honor

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jerome, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Toledo Blade

"A local pastor holds a coveted spot in White Castle’s Cravers Hall of Fame, thanks to a creative sermon involving the fast-food chain’s Bacon Jam Slider."

"Pastor Bruce Perry of Rossford was formally inducted on Feb. 7, in a special ceremony in Indianapolis that the easygoing pastor and slider fan described as 'a hoot.' He is one of nine 'cravers'” to be recognized in the chain’s 2017 class."

"The sermon that caught the chain’s attention came in April, when Pastor Perry was encouraging the rural congregants...to venture out of their comfort zones....He theorized that the detractors often just haven’t given White Castle a shot...they didn’t understand the style of steamed sliders that the chain proffers. Steamy, he suggested, could be mistaken for greasy....But if you don’t try it, how do you know? he reasoned, posing the question to his congregants that weekend"

"'In my PowerPoint, I showed a photo of the new Bacon Jam Slider....I had the people drooling, eyes wide, staring....People who had never been to White Castle now couldn’t wait for church to end'"

[​IMG]