1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pastor-only-administered ordinances/sacraments?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thomas Helwys, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

OK, DHK has given me a warning for this post. But notice what he said to me in the post I replied to, which is exactly what he accused me of saying!! So, I guess the same standard doesn't apply to moderators as it does to regular members. He can initiate personal attacks, but when I defend myself, I get a warning. And he can continue to insult and personal attack and get away with it. So, what does that make him?? Besides, the things he has accused me of I have not done.

If this is the way this board is operated, I will not stay. I expected fairness on a Christian forum, not abuse of power. So, let's see just how Christian this place really is. I'm anxious to see whether it is run with fairness or hypocrisy. This will be interesting.

If DHK gets an infraction for the multiple posts he has made with insults, personal attacks, and false accusations against me, I will consider the issue resolved. If not, I will take appropriate actions.

2. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

In case I am unjustly banned, I want to call attention to the poll results. Those who go by scripture and historic Baptist principles agree with me, not DHK. He so loudly proclaims himself a Baptist on this forum, and yet on this issue he does not follow scripture or Baptist principles but instead agrees with Catholic and Protestant mediatorial prelacy.

Even if I am silenced, the record stands, and so do the facts and the truth. And that is what he really can't stand and why he posts his slander, insults, and false accusations about me. Scripture and Baptist principles support me and not him. He has not and cannot post one scripture which says that administration of the ordinances is restricted to pastors or ordained clergy.

It is heartwarming to see many true Baptists backing the scriptural and historic Baptist position on this. If I am banned, this will be a consolation that I'll take with me.

3. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I have sent a PM to the friends I have made here, including those with whom I got off to a rough start, telling them I may not be here much longer because I may be forced to leave.

I wished them the best, and I wish all the other good people here the best, also.

Whatever my fate may be here: Take care, and God bless you!

I wanted to say this while I still had the chance. There are many good people here, and I will not forget you.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not sure why or how what he put in his post to which you responded here was a personal attach anymore than what you said about his post...?

5. Matt Black

Site Supporter

This, on the other hand, is a personal attack.

6. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

As I replied to Ann, what I meant was, lacking in integrity. What would you call it when someone gives you an infraction for repeating what they said to you in the first place. I responded to his calling me a liar and slanderer by telling him that was a lie and slander. I've read a lot here, and this is what DHK does. And he can get away with it because he is a moderator. I have not seen where he is honest.

A person can take just so much.

7. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I understand what you're saying, but accusing someone of lacking integrity is still a personal attack.

8. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I offered to lay this down, by not responding to him any more, and I asked that he not respond to me. He ignored that.

However, I will not respond to him further whatever he says. He thinks he will prod me and initiate insults until I get mad and cross over the line, and then he can get me banned. This is how he operates. What would you call that? I can think of any number of appropriate labels.

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As an Administrator

I'm closing this food fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.