1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor To Hispanic Congregation Speaks Out On Trump Immigrant Crime Statement - See m

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SAMSON DUNN
    Lead Pastor, Catalyst Church
    4:21 PM 07/07/2015

When did the facts become irrelevant?

I have watched in utter disgust as the left, led by the liberal media, have served up their version of the truth to the American people. This often total disregard for the facts was amusing, for a time, because it seemed absurd that anyone would give serious consideration to such obvious manipulation of the truth.

It’s not funny anymore.

Do they think Hispanics and other minority groups are ignorant or incapable of making decisions for themselves? I ask because I am told daily by the media how these communities feel about what goes on in Washington, but it’s not what I see and hear every day, working in one.

Look at the most recent in a long line of manipulations, from Donald Trump’s campaign speech.

No matter your feelings about Mr. Trump, it is obvious he is not your typical, polished, punctilious politician. I watched the speech with my family and noted a couple of poor word choices and a few statements that could have been phrased better. What I did not see was a man calling all Hispanics rapists or murderers or drug dealers.

The truth is, It would take a total disregard for fact to suggest that was his intent. From what I heard, Mr. Trump was saying America is being exploited by the Mexican government and the thousands of Illegal immigrants that are flooding our border. And what Trump said resonates with many Mexican-Americans who are frustrated that it has taken this long for someone to address an issue that they face every day.

That Trump’s speech has caused such out-of-proportion outrage proves demagoguery in this country has reached new heights. Today, if your view doesn’t line up with progressive thought, you are labeled racist or sexist or classist, and facts that support another viewpoint go by the wayside.

When did truth become relative, a tool to be twisted and shaped to fit a narrative? When did different ideas become out of bounds?

- See more at: http://fosterfriess.com/campfire-bl...rump-immigration-stance/#sthash.DQR2jciE.dpuf