1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor warned to shut down

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by xlsdraw, Mar 30, 2020.

1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sunday, March 29th, 2020 Just hours after the Governor of Georgia advised the religious communities that he would not impose on their right to assemble. Officials in Ware County, Georgia, threatened Pastor Chad Stanley, of Countryside Baptist Church, an IFB church just outside of Waycross, Georgia, to stop assembling or face fines, jail, or both.

This is where this is going folks. Pray for our Pastors.

Everything I read, including here at BB, concerning this virus, is flesh based discussion. This is a spiritual coup. Wake up folks.

I'm sure this Pastor would benefit from emails and calls of support.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is my opinion - Spiritually based we need to obey the laws unless they are opposed to God. Gathering outside of a physical context is reasonable. It is an inconvenience, but God never said "thou shalt not be inconvenienced".

We cannot be a light to the world if we insist on gathering physically at the risk of being a cause of death for other people.

My concern is more how things will look when this is done.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need to obey governing authorities says the Bible. Unless, of course, they are asking us to sin. Having "church" in a unique and different manner is not a sin. Staying at home to save lives is not a sin.

My state, Louisiana, is bad. Both Texas and Florida have placed bans on people from Louisiana from coming to their states.

There are a host of churches live streaming as mine did yesterday. The only people who came were the pastor, song director, musicians, and camera man. On Facebook, 346 people viewed the service. We normally only have 100 people who come to church.

There were churches meeting in a drive-in movie style. With congregants in the parking lot confined to their cars and the pastor using a microphone and speaker to preach from the porch of the church.

My mother's pastor types up his sermon and sends it to every member of the church and more.

Church is going to be different for a while. The gospel is STILL being preached. People are STILL being saved. Three, at present, to my knowledge. People who have skipped out on church for a while have expressed an interest in the things of God again.

God is going to bless the efforts of those churches who [1] obey governing authorities and [2] come up with new and different ways to present the gospel.

Churches should NOT be meeting shoulder to shoulder at this time.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My home church is live streaming our Sun. AM and Weds. PM services. The stats say we had close to a thousand for the Sun services live and replayed and 600 for Weds. night. Mind you these are worldwide numbers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think he should be in jail. God gave us brains, we should use them. SELFISH people like him are making us all appear to be morons. There is still a church in our county meeting on Sundays despite the public health order to stop. I told one of the deacons today that "yall all are a bunch of selfish idiots."

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist