1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastors and the Virus

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Salty, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reynolds stated that he has another viewpoint on this:

NUmber 5 is a bunch of junk. If the pastor is truly a shepherd, they will leave the 99 to seek out the one lost sheep.

I have a better 7.
    1. Don't shut down
    2. Don't comply with vax mandates.
    3. Don't comply with masking.
    4. Shake hands.
    5. Don't social distance.
    6. Get rid of the stupid sanitizer stations
    7. Quit cowering to the agents of man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    March 1, 2020 - a few guidelines to just "15 days to slow the spread" issued, and most churches actually BELIEVED the government, the "experts", and with great fear of the unknown, kowtowed.

I feel now, the DANGER of government overreach is so apparent that it will take 15 years to overcome the loss of freedom.

But I WILL keep socially distant from some of the strange characters here on the BB. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) I agree. Don't shut down. My church did not, but we did have some remote meetings at first.
    2) Disagree. We encourage people to follow their conscience and extend grace to everyone.
    3) Disagree. Follow your conscience.
    4) Again, follow your conscience. I can say hello without shaking hands.
    5) Follow your conscience. If you are ill, stay home. If you have a cold, wear a mask. Be considerate of your neighbor.
    6) Disagree. This is just good hygiene.
    7) What does that even mean? Sounds like anarchy talk. Take Romans 13 seriously and stop being so self-centered.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yea he keeps taking the looking for lost sheep out of context. Church members are not lost sheep if ghey are saved

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the parable, sheep were all sheep (not goats) whether lost or found. Being a sheep is the nature, the essence.
    So were the coins.
    So were the sons.

I was one of God's sheep, one of His people, one of His own beloved before I even existed. And always will be. The prodigal son was a son at home and a son in the pigsty. Circumstances and surroundings changed; being a son never changed.