1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastor's Heart

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Gib, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

What does it mean to have a pastor's heart? Do all pastor's have it?

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does it mean to have a pastor's heart? Do all pastor's have it?

In my mind the first question is about the man that enjoys serving his people in times of joy and trouble. One that is willing to lead the sheep and put up with their lack of intelligence at times. One that listens to God. One that spends time in prayer. A man that is willing to put in the time/work without too much complaining :)

The second question: Most I know do, but I'm sure some are in it for the money/glory. Wouldn't want to estimate a man's heart -- some I've met I'd wander about however :)

3. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

A pastor's heart was perfectly displayed when a pregnant girl walked into the door of the Church one day. Several members were unhappy that such a sorry sinner was being so welcomed into the Church. She almost thought it a mistake to continue going to Church because of the ridicule of the Church members but eventually gave her life to Christ because of the devotion and love from the pastor of that Church. A pastor's heart does not condemn or criticize a person in their moment of weakness. They do not say I told you so when a person is down on their knees. They lift up, love and help restore people to holiness just as Jesus did with the adulterous woman laid at his feet.

4. patrick

patrick New Member

No not all pasotrs have a pastors heart.

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Not all PREACHERS have a PASTOR'S heart.

6. patrick

patrick New Member

I know people pastoring who does not have a pastors heart!!!

7. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

patrick,
    Pray for them!
    WallyGator

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

A pastor's heart is one of those things that is very hard to define. I have met men that in my mind exemplified a pastor's heart. They were in touch with their people. They loved their people. They took time to be with their people. They cared and loved the people so much that they were willing to share the truth with them in love. I think the example of a shepherd in OT writings is a good picture of a pastor's heart.

On the other hand, I have met men serving as pastors that I did not sense that same heart for the people. They may be great preachers, but without a heart for the people their ministry is going to be somewhat lacking.

I pray daily that God will create in me a pastor's heart.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Our previous pastor, who left to take a position with the Ok. Baptist General Assembly, has the most loving spirit and was the best example of a Pastor's Heart I've ever seen. Pastor Alan Quigley was my Pastor, my Preacher, My Dear Friend. He is greatly missed here in Villa Rica. When you talk to Bro. Alan, it's as tho you are the only person on earth right then. He's a great husband and father too with a precious wife who is SO giving!