1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pat Robertson Calls creationist "Ignorant!"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Feb 6, 2014.

1. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

For those not wanting to fuss, but to compare theories, it is very simple to do an internet search on the various theories. Reputable sites give the strengths and weaknesses of all of the theories and boatloads of scriptures to support each and to refute each.

And no matter how many times you castigate my faith, no, I am not out looking for a way to reconcile the Bible with "scientific facts." I came to my conclusions, which may vary with yours, from the Bible.

That it doesn't conflict with science might be nice, but it isn't the reason I believe what I believe.

God said a day with Him is AS (not exactly!) a thousand years and a thousand years AS a day.

I trust what the Word actually says, but don't lean too strongly on any HUMAN BEING'S interpretation of that Word.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    peter was making that statement to show us that God views time differently than humans do, being not bound up in linear time, but that He is long suuffering and patients,
    sowhat seems like foreverto have second coming happen, to Him right alomost there!

Genesis though NOT written that fashion, as in hebrew, the Grammar and word meanings would reflect a literal 6 days!

So base upon contex, 2 seperates uses for term day!