1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pat Robertson/Rudy

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Nov 7, 2007.

1. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

It's murder of a helpless child. A true Christian wouldn't vote for anyone that was pro-choice.

I wouldn't call someone a Christian who did. ;)

2. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Not true! I can and will vote for the democratic candidate regardless of their views on abortion!

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is a truly sad day when professing Christians choose to step to the other side of the street in hopes to avoid having help the oppressed. Doesn't Jesus' tale of the good Samaritan mean anything to you guys?

So far there has been only one issue brought forward which is held to be a greater problem than the murder of an innocent baby and that was the fact that our money is disappearing because of a war.

Sad, very sad.

God Bless! :thumbs:

4. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

It's sad but true. People vote with their wallets. Then turn around and say some preachers make too much money. :confused:

A true Christian would either vote for the canidate that's pro-life or not vote at all.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul called the Corinthians on their sins and asked them to examine themselves because he wasn't sure of their professed faith in Christ for the sins they were committing. 2Cr 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Examine yourselves. Are you in Christ and following His word in all things as He teaches, or are you caught up in the worlds ways having been deceived into thinking your money is more important than the slaugter of innocent babies?

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is a sad statement. Look at the contrast between a World centered view and a Christ centered view......my statement would go like this......

"I can and will vote for the biblically moral candidate regardless of their party affilliation"

I would not put a party line before Christ's moral laws. ever! At one time I did, in ignorance, before I knew the scriptures.

God bless! :thumbs:

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

It is equally sad when I see Christians duped into believing that a particular party is the "party of life," yet has done nothing with respect to overturning Roe v. Wade. Think about that: they have been talking the talk for many years now, but have done nothing. They talk a good talk, but don't walk a very good walk. What is worse, being affiliated with a party who does not address the issue, or being affiliated with one who claims to share your outrage but does nothing? Remember, they controlled the legislative, executive and judicial branches, but didn't do anything.

As for the economic problems in this country, they will have a far greater impact on all of us. By "all of us," I am referring to Americans - Christians, Muslims, Jewish people, Wiccans, athiests, pagans, etc. BTW, it involves more than just the war, although that has quite a lot to do with it.

Regards,
    BiR

8. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I'm not affiliated with either party. ;) I vote based on which candidate will vote the closest to Christianity. If I vote at all.

At least Bush looked for a good Supreme Court Justice when the time came, one that wouldn't vote for abortion. Hopefully, we will see Roe vs. Wade overturned soon. Some states are looking to overturn it in their state. I'd like to see one do it then the rest follow suit, or the government ban it altogether.
    Bush also voted down partial birth abortion. He's done a few good things.

We shouldn't worry about money that's God's department. The love of money is the root of all evil. ;)

9. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Without question, steaver, your heart is in the right place. I wish there were more people in the world like yourself who wanted to follow Christ. But, does any candidate really fit the above criteria?

10. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

Our "money" has been gone,not because of war but because the elite,world bankers took it after the crash of 1929,"MONEY" according to the US Constitution is coined, dollar bills are promises to pay not money.
    Imagine if you will that you go to dinner you are feeling really good so you use valet parking ,you give the valet your car keys an he gives you a claim check.
    After dinner you go to get your car and the valet says "You know I think I'll just keep your car and you keep the claim ticket" You gave something of "real value" your car and recieved a piece of paper,you would be pretty upset. But that is exactly what FDR did in the 1930's took americas money"GOLD" coins for paper FIAT currencey,somthing of value for paper. They stole the money,stole the GOLD! Thats why this country is in the shape that it is......

BTW>>> The war was planned years ago,and is only being used as a distraction.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fortunately, whether you would or not doesn't really matter.

12. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Good thing you aren't God and you don't get to decide who is or is not a Christian.

You might want to concentrate on other things the Bible says about those who go the heaven, especially the parts about hypocrites and their end result!

13. Baptist in Richmond

That wasn't directed at you (or anyone for that matter), but thanks for taking the time to respond to my comments. Although I was once a very strong Republican (and a proud Dittohead too - until my epiphany), I am now a disillusioned independent

To which of those dreadful nominees are you referring - Roberts or Alito?

Ain't gonna happen, TheScribe. It simply ain't gonna happen. [sic]
    When the GOP controlled all three branches of government, nothing happened, other than pulling out the issue of abortion and using it to rally the Christians again. Notice that there was all the talk about abortion back in 2006, but no real discussion since election day? Now that we are going into another election year, it is once again surfaced as a big issue?
    It's lip service, nothing more. I think many Christians are starting to wake up to that fact, which might explain the low turnout in the 2006 election.

I would venture to guess that he knew it would be overturned when he did too.

Who said anything about the love of money? It has less to do with money and more to do with economic policy.

Regards, hope all is well,
    BiR

#53 Baptist in Richmond, Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2007
  14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have no judgment to pass upon those in a position to change law who fail to act. God will judge them. I do have my own judgment to face as well, and when my deeds are put forth I will not have supporting a professing pro-murder candidate against me. I have been given the power to vote and given the Bible as my guide. Regardless if the candidate I vote for does any good at all I at least done my part to honor God by not supporting murder.

I give my tithe to the church because God asked me to. Should I go against God's word just because the church abuses those tithes and does nothing good with the money? Does this justify me to withhold my giving to a ministry? Because I "think" nothing good is coming of it? Once the money leaves my hand I am no longer responsible for it's destiney. I have honored God. Same goes for my vote, it is personal between me and my Lord. I am called to rebuke the shedding of innocent blood and I do this by word and by voting, two of the priviledges God gave me.

Party means nothing to me. I happen to be republican because years ago when I had to pick one I flipped a coin. SHould I change it to independant, maybe, but who cares. I would reject any republican who is pro-murder and there are some. In my state of Pa we have Spector who is pro-murder. I have NEVER voted for him. Democrats have some pro-life as well.

What is the very worse sin is a Christian supporting a pro-murder candidate no matter what party they belong to.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some issues are debateable and we have liberty to take sides. Actually, moral issues should have never entered into the political agendas. When the Supreme Court made the satanic decision to allow babies to be murdered in the wombs the Democrats and Republicans should have united together in drafting an ammendment to clarify without a doubt the inclusion of all people from conception on, granting babies in the womb full protection under the constitution.

What is really sad is that a party would embrace this death allowing it to define their party as such. Even most pathetically sadder yet is a Christian who turns a blind eye, throws up their hands , and says oh well my money is more important, afterall, I am not the one having a knife stuck in my skull and my brains sucked out. Or burned to death with acid. Or ripped to pieces limb by limb until dead. Yeah, money is far greater important to me than that!

THIS IS SAD! REPENT BROTHERS AND SISTERS, PLEASE, FOR THE SAKE OF THOSE INNOCENT BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF OURS IN THE WOMBS. AND FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR OWN JUDGMENT DAY.

AT LEAST YOU CAN SAY ONE DAY TO THEM THAT YOU REFUSED TO SUPPORT THEIR DEATH IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

WHERE IS YOUR HONOR, YOUR SHAME. DO WHAT IS JUST AND STOP JUSTIFYING YOUR APATHY!

GOd Bless! :praying:

16. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

It's sad when people vote with their wallets. Then turn around and say some preachers make too much money and aren't Christians. It works both ways, some preachers who preach on television are just fine.
    The love of money is the root of all evil.

17. Baptist in Richmond

What exactly have you done? More importantly, what have those you have supported politically done to overturn Roe v. Wade, or to end abortion?

This has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Who have you supported and what have they done to fight abortion?

Your forgot to qualify that as your personal opinion, which is what it is.

Likewise!

BiR

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have supported pro-life ONLY candidates with my vote. I have spoken out against the sin of apathy that I see of my brothers and sisters in Christ towards those slaughtered in the wombs.
    What have you done?

The best way to kill the snake is to cut off it's head. If enough anti-murder Justices can get appointed we have a chance. With a pro-murder President in office those chances dwindle and those who are a part of putting the murderer in office will also carry the innocent blood on their own hands.

You seen what a pro-murder President does in Bill Clinton. Everytime the partial-birth murder bill hit his desk he rejected it, and then all the pro-murder representatives refused to override his veto. He could not even bring himself to reject such a barbarack killing as pulling the baby out of the womb, all but the head (I suspect so they could not hear him scream) , sticking a knife in the back of the child's head and sucking out the little one's brains until he or she went limp. That is your pro-murder representatives at work and you should be appalled and ashamed if you voted for them.

It is a very good analogy.

I supported GW Bush. He has signed the partiual birth murder bill into law and has appointed a couple of judges who are pro-life.

Who have you supported and what have they done to fight abortion?

Actually it is a position taken directly from God's Word. Murder is sin, right? Pilate was a murderer, right? We are ambassadors for Christ, right? A Christain (a representative for Jesus Christ) should not be asking those who commit murder to represent them in governing the land.

#58 steaver, Nov 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2007
  19. Baptist in Richmond

And they have done nothing, except bring up the subject in an election year.

I have never had an abortion....
    You are trying to frame my actions by your agenda. That doesn't work.

The pro-life presidents haven't done anything either, despite running as pro-life presidents.

Your candidates haven't done anything either.

No, it is not.

1. He knew it would be overturned when he signed it.
    2. The appointees (which were awful picks) have not done anything.

I have done precisely what the pro-life candidates have done: nothing.
    This is your issue, not mine.

That is not doctrine, that is simply your conviction.

Back at ya...
    Hope you and yours are having a great week,
    BiR

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You asked me to give you something the pro-life representative that I have supported had done for the right to life. I answered with examples and you continue on as though I haven't answered anything. Why ask if you reject all answers? You really don't care to see any good that has been done. You choose to remain in apathy.

You ask me what i have done while you yourself has done nothing? Why do you judge your brother's good will towards the unborn? Is it only to make yourself feel better for your own apathy?

"Murder is sin".....Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill,

Pilate was a murderer ........Jhn 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Paul was a murderer. Anyone joining themselves in agreement of the death of an innocent other is just as guilty as the one doing the actual killing. You should see this from our own laws established here in the US.

We are ambassadors for Christ....... 2Cr 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. Phl 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

That is doctrine. Your position is in direct violation of God's Word.