1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pats vs. Colts

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ShotGunWillie, Oct 24, 2007.

1. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Who's the better undefeated team at this point in the season and why?

There are several good articles on ESPN.COM that put up a good argument for the Colts being the better of the two, based on strength of schedule, their competition this season has been against far better teams.

Let's discuss...

Oh by the way, did anyone see the Bears soundly defeat the mighty iggles at their place. Trust me, things are looking up for Da Bears if they can take down such a formidable opponent.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I give a slight edge to the Colts because, get this, they're tougher on defense. Did anybody ever imagine that the Colts could be considered the tougher team on defense?

The Bears soundly defeated the Iggles? :confused:

It took a 97 yard drive for Chicago to win. That is not a sound defeat. I'd feel better about the win if the Bears had stopped a good offensive team, but, except for TO, it's not like the Iggles have had a good receiver in years.

3. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

That was sarcasm. I am just glad to see there might be potential for tying or going ahead of Detroit in the weeks to come.

4. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Colts on the defensive side of things look really good. That was something that was expected to happen to them when Dungy went up there from Tampa. I think with Sanders back, they have a good defense.

Does anyone think that the Pats try to embarass their opponents by jacking up the score late in the game, ie. Dallas, Miami.

5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the Patriots have a chip on their shoulder from spy-gate or whatever you want to call it. They are trying to embarass the rest of the league the way they were embarassed. Belichek used it to motivate his team into an us vs. them mentality.

I think the colts will win. But both these teams emphasize TEAM over individuals which is one of the big reasons they are both so good.

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Two really good teams, and I have no clue which one will win.

I would give the edge to the Colts with it being at their place.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Ah, sarcasm. Completely missed it, Shotgunwillie.

Yes they have, and don't forget they did it to San Diego too.

8. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I will have to be consistent with my other thoughts on the PATs - I still think they will go undefeated - and thus will beat the colts. colts d looks good, I love brady and his receiving corps. Brady to moss for at least 100 yars and at least one td! If the colts can score in the 30s they have a chance, I think the pats will score another 30 or so

On the running up the score thing vs my boys - dallas called a timeout with less than two min on the clock - I didnt blame the pats for going ahead and scoring again

9. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

OK...heads says Colts, Tails says Pats; tails...Pats win.