1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PBS National Park Series

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just curious is anyone is watching the Ken Burns series on the National Parks. I have been quite surprised how often God comes into the dialog. It is almost like it is a religious program. Also the hymns being played as background music.

The National Park system is one of the greatest ideas created by the US. The beauty of these places is awe inspiring and I am so glad they are protected from over commercialization.

If you have not watched any of the segments so far I suggest you check them out on your local PBS station.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've caught two episodes and give them thumbs up. Ken Burns is a fantastic filmmaker and storyteller. Plus, watching it in HD is phenomenal!!

3. billwald

billwald New Member

I hate the commercials for the series. If I "own" the national parks then why don't I "own" Area 51?

Read an essay, don't how how true it is . . . rich person buys a zillion acres of wilderness and builds a summer place in the middle of it, say a thousand acres. Then he donates all the surrounding area to the US Govt for a national park or whatever. He can afford to fly in but riff-raff like myself and the county assessor can't get near the place.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I really have enjoyed this latest installment of this series.

This will be a great addition next to Earth! :D