1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelosi to Monitor Your Church

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by DeeJay, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

If you've got Nazis and jihadists in your church, then you're preaching the wrong doctrine. We don't preach to kill Jews, and we don't preach that allah is lord. That would seem to leave out those groups, wouldn't you say?

And, yes, we do have Democrats as members of the church. I'll bet there are some in your church as well.

There are a whole lot of Republicans out there who would not be allowed as members in our church based on their evil deeds.

It irks me so much to see candidates, of whatever kind, giving political speeches from church pulpits.

Again, preach the Word and all it entails. If it's in the book, preach it. If it's not, then leave it alone. My bible never says "You must vote for this person."

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Where did this come from? Where have I ever suggested that Jesus wasn't Lord of politics?

Where are you and Wayne getting this stuff?

#42 Pastor Larry, Jan 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007
  3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These quotes of yours:
    "If the Bible can't get the churches to do what they ought to do, maybe the government can."

"But since churches have left preaching the Bible and starting preaching politics, perhaps a law that requires them to do what the Bible says they ought be doing anyway is a good thing."

Not the Bible, not Jesus, but the government should tell churches what to teach, you say. And it doesn't matter if you have a communist, nazi, or gee-hodder; no one has to repenet from voting a particular way, you aslo said.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Musta been the same place that you keep going and slandering from . . .

:wavey:

I have never suggested that you said that Jesus wasn't Lord of politics . . .

But, now that you done and went and threw down the gauntlet I am gonna ask:

Is Jesus Lord of your politic?

:laugh:

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Larry

I do NOT know why you keep slipping from preach the Word even against sin, and then slipping over to say that you cannot preach against politics . . . if the politics are in sin, then they need to be preached against. You seem to be holding to 2 exclusive positions at the same time.

And when I tho't I had finally figured your position out, and I could live with it, you went and threw mistruth at me . . . oh well.

Peace to you

Wayne

6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Think about it Alcott. The Bible says that churches should preach the Word. Some churches left preaching the Word and started preaching politics because they would not obey the Word. Now the government steps in and tells them to go back to preaching the Word, not politics. My point is that the government's law, in this case, is what church's should have been doing all along. We should not need the government to tell us not to preach politics. People committed to biblical preaching don't preach politics to begin with. It's just a shame that it takes the government to get churches to do what the Bible told them to do to begin with.

7. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Absolutely.

We preach against sin. If that happens to include something that has become a political issue, that's fine. But we aren't preaching about political issues and candidates. We are preaching against sin. I am not sure how that got confused here.

Where did I throw mistruth at you? What does that even mean? I am confused by what you are thinking. I have been pretty consistent here that churches should stay out of politics because the Bible tells us to preach the Word.

8. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Exactly my point!:thumbs:

I stated as such and was accused of worshiping Kinky Friedman as the Messiah, or something like that.:tonofbricks: